Direct Support Professional
Primary Location: MS-MSFlowood-550 Keyway Dr
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Provide training, assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration, medication administration, and/or job skills development.
- Ensure goals are met.
May coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation according to state requirements.
Provide transportation for individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments including operating vans and/or mini vans as required.
Maintain current progress and service notes.
Completes and submits required documentation to direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
Provide direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the individual’s services, Service Plan or administrative policy.
- Attend training and other meetings as required.
Provide emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
Report incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with MENTOR policy.
Maintain confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy
Perform other related duties and activities as required.
Benefits for full time staff:
- Flexible Spending
- Short Term Disability
- Paid training both at hire and throughout your employment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Through the partnership with The MENTOR Network, there are advancement opportunities both locally and nationally.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Vehicle insurance
- Six months of experience in human services preferred
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks