Direct Support Professional
Primary Location: IL-ILFrankfort-20646 Abbey Woods Ct
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Come join our mission – make a difference in lives and enjoy rewarding work! We have a range of schedules and shifts available that can fit your schedule. Apply today to Illinois MENTOR Community Services to join the amazing group of co-workers and the inspiring individuals we serve.
As a Caregiver/Direct Support Professional with Illinois MENTOR Community Services, you’ll support individuals with intellectual, physical, and behavioral disabilities in the communities we serve.
We have a variety of shifts and schedules available:
- Full-time or part-time
- Days, afternoons, evenings, and weekends
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Assisting individuals to redirect agitated or aggressive behaviors
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
What we ask of you:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing and proof of vehicle insurance
- Strong preference for DSP-certification on the Illinois HCWR, but we welcome applicants without certification
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Compassionate, relationship-building approach
- Dedicated, self-starter, with the ability to work independently
- Consistent Schedules that fit your availability
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress and employee events
- Benefits (Medical, Dental and Vision) along with PTO and Holiday Pay for employees working over 30 hours per week.
- Paid Training
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next.
- Career development and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis