Direct Support Professional/HCS
Primary Location: MS-MSD'Iberville-10495 Lemoyne Blvd
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Are you compassionate and caring? Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of others? We have the perfect opportunity for you at REM Mississippi.
Description *Looking for Individuals with the ability to have a Flexible Work Schedule* REM Mississippi is seeking a Part-Time Direct Support Professionals for Home and Community Support and Driver in the D'Iberville, MS area. Duties will include:
- Provide training, assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration, medication administration, and/or job skills development.
- Ensure goals are met.
- May coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation according to state requirements.
- Provide transportation for individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments including operating vans and/or mini vans as required.
- Maintain current progress and service notes.
- Completes and submits required documentation to direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
- Provide direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the individual’s services, Service Plan or administrative policy.
- Attend training and other meetings as required.
- Provide emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
- Report incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with MENTOR policy.
- Maintain confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
- Paid training both at hire and throughout your employment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Through the partnership with The MENTOR Network, there are advancement opportunities both locally and nationally.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Vehicle insurance
- Six months of experience in human services preferred
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
Founded in 1980, The MENTOR Network is a national network of local human services providers offering an array of quality, community-based services in more than 30 states to adults and children with intellectual and developmental disabilities, brain and spinal cord injuries and other catastrophic injuries and illnesses, and to youth with emotional, behavioral and medically complex challenges as well as their families.