Direct Support Professional
Primary Location: United States-WI-WIMerrimac
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
REM Wisconsin III
Direct Support Professional/Caregiver roles available in Merrimac - we encourage all interested candidates from surrounding areas to apply.
Since we have 24/7 operations, we have options for schedules and shifts:
- Full-time, Part-time
- Evenings, weekends, and overnights
Bring the right attitude; we’ll train you for success!
Description If you are looking for a meaningful job where you can make an impact in the lives of others, join our team of dedicated Caregivers/Direct Support Professionals today! Responsibilities/Duties:This position provides services to people with a broad array of disabilities, whether that be behavioral, physical, or mental health through assistance with activities of daily living. You will work with individuals with a range of challenges including intellectual and developmental disabilities, severe and persistent mental health, and individuals with medically complex challenges.
You will work to restore and retain basic health functioning, independent living and community skills. Support therapeutic and behavioral plans in partnership with clinical staff to encourage individuals to be as independent as possible and enhance the quality of life for those we support.
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Compassionate approach
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Flexible, consistent schedules. Full and Part time schedules available
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, meals provided
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Competitive pay rates, paid time off, and benefits for full-time employees
- Paid training; Holiday pay
- Career development, and advancement opportunities throughout the nation-wide Network
- Employee discounts!
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next