Are you interested in making an impact on the lives of children, ages 4-12, with intellectual/developmental/behavioral health disabilities? Do you enjoy helping others strive to their full potential?
If you answered YES to either of these questions, then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health team!
Being a Direct Support Professional has its Advantages
As a Direct Support Professional at Devereux, you will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion for helping individuals in need. We offer: A comprehensive benefit package, paid training, student tuition assistance, and opportunity for internal growth.
- Actively assist our individuals with their individualized plans for daily living.
- Ensure our individuals are safe, healthy, and living in a clean environment.
- Assist with the planning, implementation, and documentation of programs designed to meet the social, emotional, physical, and personal needs.
- Plan and participate in community outings.
- Shop for the home’s necessities such as food, clothing, and household items.
- Schedule and transport our individuals to doctor’s appointments, shopping trips, and day programs/schools.
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health New Jersey provides programs and services for adults with intellectual/developmental/behavioral health disabilities. Located in Jackson, NJ, this position is responsible for the following: Assisting individuals with their daily living, administering medication, adhering to implemented Behavioral Support Plans, medical appointments, household maintenance, electronic documentation, but most of all, assisting our individuals in maximizing their full potential.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and wellness program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our health and wellness programs include medical (including medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off and a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, along with voluntary/employee paid vision, supplemental life and accident coverage to full-time employees.
Click here to see why we are a great place to work: http://benefits.devereux.org.
Keywords: Developmental Disabilities, Intellectual Disabilities, Autism, Direct Support, Community Based, Day Programs, Vocational Programs, Mental Health Technician, Residential Counselor, Direct Care, CNA, Certified Nursing Assistant, HHA, Home Health Aide, Personal Assistant, Home Health, Care Giver, Caregiver, DCP, Direct Care Professional, DSP, And Direct Support Professional
The IDEAL candidate will ...
- Be 18 years of age or older (required)
- Bachelor's Degree with 1 year working with children or
- Associate's Degree with 2 years work with children
- Have a valid driver's license
- Be empathetic and have a team approach to care for our individuals
- Have a strong passion for working with and helping children with special needs.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be energetic, creative, and have a sense of humor
- Be able to attend ten days of in-house orientation on weekdays
- Be able to lift up to 50+ pounds and perform Safe and Positive Approaches
- Have a high level of comfort with hands on hygiene care (including diapering and showering)
Interested in this role?
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is currently scheduling interviews for part time shifts available. Please apply to this ad to be considered for an interview!