Direct Support Professional- Part-Time
Primary Location: IN-INFort Wayne-HR/IN Fort Wayne, Allen
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Now Hiring $10.20
Full Time, Part Time and On-Call Positions Available on all Shifts in the Fort Wayne area Are you compassionate and caring? Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of others? We have the perfect opportunity as a Direct Support Professional with Indiana MENTOR. Our Direct Care team is fun, creative, and dedicated to making a difference every day in the lives of the people we serve. The heart of what we do is support people with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities of all ages.
- Provide assistance with daily activities such as meal preparation and planning; medication administration; and personal care.
- Facilitate community involvement by accompanying individuals on outings in the community or providing transportation to work or other activities.
- Partner with clinical staff to support therapeutic and behavioral plans in place.
- Full and Part time schedules available; PRN/On Call shifts available
- Career development and advancement opportunities
- Competitive pay rates; paid training; mileage reimbursement
- Paid time off, Holiday Pay, and benefits for 30+ hour work week
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- A chance to make a difference in people’s lives on a daily basis
- Access to employee discounts with various vendors
- A dynamic work environment where no day is ever the same as the next
Qualifications: What we require of you:
Must be minimum of 18 years of age
- Able to pass written interview (no GED or high school diploma required)
Valid driver’s license in good standing
Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
Must be able to lift minimum of 25 pounds
Successful clearance of background checks