Direct Support Professional
Primary Location: OR-ORRoseburg-822 NW Highland St
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Looking for a job with meaning? At the end of each work day, you know you have made a difference in someone’s life. Come join our MENTOR Oregon team of dedicated Caregivers/Direct Support Professionals who assist individuals in home and community-based settings to live as independently as possible. We have programs in and around the Portland area, providing services to adults and children with developmental disabilities and other specialized needs.
“My favorite outings with the individuals I support include pretty places in nature, such as waterfalls and lakes, which allow them to enjoy the outdoors.” –Kelsie, Direct Support Professional
“I love working alongside the individuals we support to help them attain greater joy in life and then seeing that joy when I’m greeted with a great big beaming smile,” - Anthony, Direct Support Professional
“I love helping individuals we support reach their full potential, enjoy life and have the best quality of life!” -Danielle, Direct Support Professional.
These are just a few examples of what our incredible team of Caregivers have to say about their job.
- Full-time, Part-time, and On-Call
- Early mornings, evenings, weekends, and overnights
This position provides services to people with a broad array of disabilities, (behavioral, physical, mental health) through assistance with activities of daily living such as:
- Errands to shopping or activities
- Transporting to medical appointments
- Enjoying recreational outings together
- Preparing meals
- Assisting with medication administration
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Bathing and toileting
- Teaching strategies to live as independently as possible
What we require of you:
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing required
- Access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance if providing transportation for individuals receiving services
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks
- Compassionate approach
- Reliable, responsible attitude
- Full compensation/benefits package for those working over 30 hours per week
- 401(k) with company matching
- A rewarding work environment with an incredible team of co-workers
- Paid training with access to jobs throughout our nation-wide Network
- Mileage reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, and Annual bonus plans
- Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
- Variety of shifts and schedules available; full-time or part-time hours
We have a great work environment and you’ll be surrounded by a strong and supportive team. MENTOR Oregon is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local human service providers offering quality, community-based services. With approximately 30,000 employees serving 30,000 individuals in 36 states, you'll have career opportunities from coast to coast.
Come join our team of dedicated and caring professionals. Apply Today!