Direct Support Professional
Primary Location: MS-MSSouthaven-1090 Main St
Function:Direct Support Professional (Care Givers)
Are you compassionate and caring? Are you looking for a career where you can make a difference in the lives of others? We have the perfect opportunity for you at REM Mississippi.
Description Part Time
REM Mississippi is seeking Direct Support Professionals/HCS. Duties will include:
- Provide training, assistance and/or supervision to individuals in the areas of daily living, personal care, financial management, community and social integration, medication administration, and/or job skills development.
- Ensure goals are met.
- May coordinate, organize and/or assist with household activities such as housekeeping and meal preparation according to state requirements.
- Provide transportation for individuals receiving services to planned and/or necessary activities and appointments including operating vans and/or mini vans as required.
- Maintain current progress and service notes.
- Completes and submits required documentation to direct supervisor in accordance with any applicable policies and deadlines.
- Provide direct supervisor with verbal feedback and data relevant to the individual’s services, Service Plan or administrative policy.
- Attend training and other meetings as required.
- Provide emergency coverage and/or care for individuals receiving services.
- Report incidents of maltreatment, medical and behavioral concerns in accordance with MENTOR policy.
- Maintain confidentiality, respects human rights and practices universal precautions in accordance with The MENTOR Network policy
- Perform other related duties and activities as required.
Benefits for full time staff:
- Flexible Spending
- Short Term Disability
- Paid training both at hire and throughout your employment
- Mileage reimbursement
- Through the partnership with The MENTOR Network, there are advancement opportunities both locally and nationally.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be 18 years of age
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
- Vehicle insurance
- Six months of experience in human services preferred
- Successful clearance of local and/or state background checks