DescriptionThe Director, Actuarial Analytics/Forecasting - Growth Analytics analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Establishes metrics, provides data analyses, and works directly to support business intelligence. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position. The Director, Actuarial Analytics/Forecasting requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the function or segment.
The Director, Actuarial Analytics/Forecasting ensures data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand business needs/issues, troubleshoots problems, conducts root cause analysis, and develops cost effective resolutions for data anomalies. Decisions are typically related to the implementation of new/updated programs or large-scale projects for the function and supporting technical/operational procedures and processes, and implements strategic plans, drives goals and objectives, and improves performance. Provides input into functions strategy.
- Oversee projects which identify cohorts of members that are unreached by our existing product portfolio and collaborate with sales, marketing, and product to develop strategies to win their business
- Evaluate how industry and demographic trends will impact both the industry and Humana specifically with respect to Medicare eligible growth, Medicare Advantage penetration within that population, and analysis of Humana and our competitors’ market share
- Measure the value proposition of Humana’s products versus the competition and use these insights to drive strategy
- Develop research that will steer investments and management initiatives towards the most optimal growth efforts, enabling Humana to leverage data and analytics to increase our competitive advantage
- Develop area-specific plans and goals that help enhance business-wide objectives
- Ensure compliance with Actuarial Standards of Practice, Standard Valuation Law, and NAIC developments
- Create and support cooperative working relationships, both within the company-at-large and with outside business partners
- Collaborate with peers responsible for preparing Medicare Advantage bids, along with serving as a crucial partner for the Marketing teams, Product Development, and Sales Organizations.
Typically requires Master's Degree or equivalent, 8+ years of technical and 5+ years of management experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours40