DescriptionThe Director, Actuarial Analytics/Forecasting analyzes and forecasts financial, economic, and other data to provide accurate and timely information for strategic and operational decisions. Establishes metrics, provides data analyses, and works directly to support business intelligence. Evaluates industry, economic, financial, and market trends to forecast the organization's short, medium and long-term financial and competitive position. The Director, Actuarial Analytics/Forecasting requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the function or segment.
The Director, Actuarial Analytics/Forecasting ensures data integrity by developing and executing necessary processes and controls around the flow of data. Collaborates with stakeholders to understand business needs/issues, troubleshoots problems, conducts root cause analysis, and develops cost effective resolutions for data anomalies. Decisions are typically related to the implementation of new/updated programs or large-scale projects for the function and supporting technical/operational procedures and processes, and implements strategic plans, drives goals and objectives, and improves performance. Provides input into functions strategy.
- Oversee projects which determine root cause of emerging trends, identifying outliers at a provider, procedural, geographic, and multiple other cohort levels
- Evaluate how trends will impact both the industry and Humana specifically
- Understand and research how provider-side revenue management impacts Humana medical trend drivers to better inform Humana’s forecasts
- Identify trend mitigation opportunities through collaboration with peers and transfer viable options to operational teams for implementation
- Develop area-specific plans and goals that help enhance business-wide objectives
- Ensure compliance with Actuarial Standards of Practice, Standard Valuation Law, and NAIC developments
- Create and support cooperative working relationships, both within the company-at-large and with outside business partners
- Collaborate with peers responsible for preparing financial reserves, establishing financial forecasts, and the explanation of actual to expected variance.
Typically requires Master's Degree or equivalent, 8+ years of technical and 5+ years of management experience
Scheduled Weekly Hours40