You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Strategic and/or technical leadership on client teams on projects primarily around government programs, but also including commercial lines, tool building, and broader analytical initiatives
Lead teams to deliver quality results against aggressive timelines and across multiple projects while maintaining process standards and controls
Deliver expert consultation to clients on various dimensions of health care data while leading staff against the execution of data driven projects
Lead the design and development of actuarial solutions (models and processes)
Contribute to growth goals of the practice individually and as a part of the broader team
- Bachelor’s degree
- ASA or FSA Actuarial Credential
- 10+ years of healthcare actuarial experience with experience in a Medicare or Medicaid Actuarial role
- Ability to speak credibly to current industry issues, regulatory and competitive challenges, and practices regarding the government services market
- Proven problem solving skills (identification of issue, causes, solution, implementation plan)
- Ability to travel as needed (generally in the range of 10%)
- Desire to actively develop and pursue sales opportunities as part of teams
- Strong ability to influence, motivate, and correct others in a positive, constructive, and respectful way
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world?s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: director, actuarial, health care, health care, strategic, strategy, consulting, client, payer, telecommute, work from home, remote