The Director, Director of Analytic Platform and Production/Support is responsible for defining a common analytic data platform to support UHC ARA enterprise analytic needs. The Advanced Research and Analytics (ARA) analytic platform delivers solutions for the UnitedHealthcare business to allow efficient analytic operations and reporting. The enhancements include diagnosis grouping, inpatient grouping (MS-DRG, APR-DRG), cost and utilization categorization, membership assignment to provider organizations, product designation, provider specialty, drug therapeutic class, and member risk scoring.
Please note - We are ideally targeting this position to be office based at one of the following offices: Richardson, TX; Austin, TX or Minnetonka, MN.
- Work with the ARA Director of Data & Security to align and incorporate strategy and operations around data obtained from ARA’s core data environment supporting all ARA Analytic Solutions
- Lead a team of architects and analysts, has in-depth understanding of how information is consumed, and how analytics applications and software support all types of business functions in the organization
- Collaborates with UHG and OptumTech to support, operate, plan and to deliver the analytic data platform
- Aid with enterprise analytic data needs, and partners in developing an enterprise roadmap of analytic data platform
- Supports SOP’s providing detailed requirements for analytic data platform
- Works closely with Data Services to deliver the roadmap
- Will maintain, and update analytic enhancements, including software upgrade or methodology modifications
- Will develop, maintain, and update standard definitions of commonly used metrics and maintains a knowledge base for these definitions for the enterprise
- Bachelor's degree in health care administration, business administration, public health,
- economics, statistics, computer science, finance, or a relevant field
- 5+ years of analytic experience
- 5+ years hands-on experience Architecting and Operating advanced Data Science Enterprise Platforms (supporting 100+ data science users and analysts)
- 5+ years of supervisory experience leading an analytics/ research team
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in data analysis tools, including but not limited
- to SAS, R, Python, SQL, SPSS, Access, Shiny and/or Tableau
- 3+ years of experience working hands on with Open Source analytic tools – and enable cloud based data science platform capabilities (such as Azure AI/ML)
- Master's degree
- 5+ years of experience in analyzing health care insurance claims data
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: health care, data science, data scientist, analytics, analytic platform, enterprise platform, open source, Azure, SAS, R, Python, claims, leader, director, UnitedHealth Group, UHG, Richardson, TX, Texas, Minnetonka, MN, Austin, ARA2018