BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
DIRECTOR, BENEFITS & WELLNESS
The Director of Benefits will focus on the strategic, short and long-term design of benefit plans with an emphasis on vendor management, data integration, benefits administration, and legislative changes impacting the benefits program. Additional responsibilities include:
- Design, develop, implement and lead a multi-year health and wellness strategy.
- Regularly audit benefit practices of the company and prevailing industry practices and recommend changes as necessary.
- Review and execute contracts and Statements of Work to ensure flawless program execution
- Train, develop and manage the benefits team to ensure accurate, consistent and legally compliant administration of all benefit plans.
- Oversee the health care budget for fully insured and self-insured programs.
- Collaborate with payroll, finance and IT on program changes and implementations
- Improve administrative procedures, including but not limited to ERISA, FMLA, HIPAA, etc., Be proactive in recommending changes to comply with new regulations.
- Enhance compliance with company, state and federal records retention requirements at all company locations.
- Perform other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Experience managing a team.
- SHRM-CP or SCP preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in senior leadership position in Benefits Management with experience developing, leading and implementing a multi-year health and wellness strategy.
- Knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations related to benefit plans and personnel record keeping requirements including but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, HIPAA, FLSA, etc.; best practices in benefit plan design, funding methods, cost savings strategies for health and welfare and defined contribution plans; plan utilization analytics; expert knowledge of Excel and Word; contract management.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.