PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Director of Beverage Procurement is responsible for leading and managing the entire beverage category as it relates to purchasing for Buffalo Wild Wings with particular emphasis on the alcohol category. This position is expected to develop, present, and once approved implement supply chain strategies for the above-mentioned category.
- Develop, present, and execute once approved, procurement best practices and standard operating procedures (SOP's) to deliver a World Class Supply Chain.
- The position is expected to develop comprehensive written strategies for execution in support of the business needs, goals, and objectives set for the given area or responsibility.
- Primary point of contact for suppliers for area of responsibility on a day to day basis.
- Responsible to identify and implement supply opportunities and strategies to optimize cost of goods sold.
- Monitor and optimize the existing beverage categories to ensure continuous supply and anticipate the needs of a growing enterprise.
- Works closely with the Sr. Director of Purchasing to establish Beverage Procurement Best Practices, develop mission critical cost savings initiatives, and set, track, and report on the progress of the initiatives.
- Drive Process improvement in assigned area of supply chain to deliver greater efficiencies from a cost, operational, and overall financial impact to the business.
- Works collaboratively with leaders of other departments (Marketing, Consumer Insights, Analytics, Operations, Culinary, Food/Beverage, etc.) to gain alignment to ensure supply at the best cost for the system
- BS Business, MBA (preferred) or equivalent degree in Supply Chain, Business, Finance, or other equivalent and relevant to perform this function.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Managing a Beverage Category and/or Procurement given the assigned area of responsibility, with extensive background in the Alcohol category, and with demonstrated ability to meet above listed job responsibilities.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Multi Year experience in managing effectively the above listed area of responsibility
- People and results oriented
- Bottom line management skills and strategic thinker
- Excellent negotiation, presentation, and oratory skills
- Deep analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in contract development and execution
- Keen negotiation skills and supplier strategy development
- Keen understanding of global supply chains, trade barriers, and the flow of goods in a global marketplace (preferably within a food or foodservice related supply chain).
- Ability to understand global financial implications (i.e. currency exposure, tariffs, etc.) of differing supply chain scenarios and proposals.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY:
- The Director of Beverage Procurement is limited on the spend authorities as established by corporate governance.
- Authority to implement against all agreed upon and approved supply change strategy as directed
- Authority to implement process improvements in contracting once approved