No industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to lead health care forward. We need attention to every detail with an eye for the points no one has considered. The rewards for performance are significant. You'll help improve the health of millions. And you'll do your life's best work.(sm)
Director Client Management – Leads a team of Relationship Managers to build, enhance and maintain strong client loyalty and growth of existing Financial Services client relationships (HSA, FSA, HRA, etc.). In this role, you will serve as the manager of the client facing team for large and complex mid-market and national employer accounts and be responsible for designing, building, and executing client engagement strategies to drive client satisfaction, retention, and growth. Ensures compliance with the client’s contract and performance guarantees. Leads team in meeting goals and objectives. Ensures relationship managers have and execute against fully developed account plans for top tier clients, and leverage best practices to strengthen, improve and grow client relationships. This position requires a high performing individual with proven leadership skills and a comprehensive understanding of the healthcare industry and financial services.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.Primary Responsibilities:
- Lead team accountable for client retention and growth of existing business
- Ensures alignment with corresponding sales team members
- Drives assigned client management team to achieve a high level of client satisfaction
- Work with relationship managers to build documented relationship engagement plans for top tier clients
- Provides clients with streamlined path for resolution of questions or and grows the business by delivering excellent service to clients
- Aligns and executes programs to achieve organic client growth through expansion of current offerings and/or incremental services
- Ensures team is accountable for achievement of retention targets; ensure effective partnership with sales team to maximize renewal efforts on behalf of Optum to retain, extend and expand the opportunity.
- Hold assigned Client Managers accountable to deliver client service and management programs that help grow both top line revenue and bottom line IOI
- Provide assigned Client Management team a clear line of sight of accountabilities and outcomes (e.g. aligning incentives to behaviors)
- Partners across business to ensure the execution and service delivery of various programs, such as:
- Initiatives focused on the value delivery of successful client satisfaction and service delivery.
- Programs which provide an awareness and understanding about our clients and how we can help them be successful
- Strategies across Client Management which provides all members of the team with an awareness of how they can impact client satisfaction
- Partner with Product, Sales, Implementation and Marketing leadership to determine strategy which maximizes solution offerings to all clients
- Establish strong matrix relationships with Marketing, Product, Implementation, etc who are engaged with day-to-day service delivery of Solution sets for client
- Guide assigned Client Managers to advocate for their clients internally and coordinate with other functions to implement client systems, complete projects, and address ongoing service needs with the goal to delight client
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Leader with prior success driving large scale, positive client satisfaction within client base
- Management experience leading individuals and/or professionals, engaged with client satisfaction accountability along with client retention and revenue generation and maximization
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proven success at championing the client satisfaction experience within large, complex client delivery systems and solution platforms
- Established record developing new and deeper revenue streams
- 5+ years management experience and / or key leadership in Client Relations
- 8-10 years in health care, financial services, and/ or health insurance industry preferably with prior experience with Health Savings Accounts
- Ability to travel 25-50% as needed
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.