BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
The Director, Compensation is responsible for the development of the compensation strategy, aligning compensation structure and programs with business objectives, collaborating with senior level HR and business leaders, assessing the organization’s competitive position, ensuring compensation programs comply with regulatory requirements, and building and cultivating a successful and high performing team.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Serves as a strategic advisor to senior level HR and business leaders on compensation related matters.
- Responsible for the strategic development, analysis, design and implementation of compensation programs that attract, motivate, and retain talent
- Leads the development and implementation of variable compensation and reward plans at all levels, including aspects of executive compensation
- Monitors the effectiveness of compensation structures, programs, policies and procedures to ensure alignment with business objectives.
- Evaluates competitive practices, assesses the company’s position to market, and makes recommendations that are aligned with industry practices and business objectives.
- Directs and supports the compensation team on complex issues / business challenges and builds a team of successful and high performing compensation professionals.
- Keeps abreast of federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining compensation and job data integrity within human resource systems and tools.
- Leads and supports key compensation / business projects and initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field required; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience required
- Strong communication, leadership and collaboration skills required
- Prior management experience required
- Project and program management experience required
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) preferred
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.