DescriptionThe Director, Compensation develops, implements, and administers compensation programs. This position requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the function or segment.
The Director, Compensation aligned to Retail and Group segments oversees performance appraisals and salary administration programs, and reviewing changes in wages and salaries for conformance to policy. The Director will also:
- Audit evaluation of positions and application of existing classifications to individuals.
- Conduct and participate in compensation surveys conducted by other companies, and update the salary structure as appropriate.
- Make decisions related to the implementation of new/updated programs or large-scale projects for the aligned segments
- Support technical/operational procedures and processes, implement strategic plans, drive goals and objectives, and improve performance.
- Provide input into the aligned segments' strategy.
- Bachelor’s Degree (any discipline)
- Proven Compensation and/or Human Resources consulting experience
- Ability to lead a team accountable for the delivery of compensation programs and business-aligned consulting
- Proven consultation skills in a business-facing role
- Ability to tell a story, draw insights and make recommendations utilizing data
- Proven capabilities with Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving abilities
- Dedication to accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven organization
- Previous experience working within a team-based atmosphere with shared responsibility
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects/assignments while working with various departments to obtain data
- Highly organized and self-driven with an ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or comparable discipline
- Demonstrated experience designing and delivering compensation solutions in support of business objectives.
- HR Business Partner or Organizational Development experience
- Directly applicable knowledge of the health insurance and care-delivery industries
- Demonstrated database manipulation skills, including work with data structures & complex queries
Scheduled Weekly Hours40