The Director of Compensation will lead and assume overall accountability for all compensation activities related to M&A projects within UHG.
This role will be a key member of the compensation leadership team overseeing M&A activity across businesses. You will be a part of multiple M&A project teams leading the compensation components of the project including due diligence, program evaluation, gap analysis, employee analysis and integration efforts. This is a collaborative role that will work cross-functionally with Business Leaders, HR and Compensation Business Partners, Recruiting, Finance, and Legal to understand business issues and collectively develop effective business solutions. You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Serve as the lead and main point of contact on all compensation activity for M&A projects for the compensation leadership team and our business partners
- Create and maintain the strategy and process for compensation when acquiring new companies and integrating them into UHG
- Monitor and track progress across various projects and keep the compensation team updated on progress and issues
- Ensure resource availability and allocation for all projects
- Lead multiple complex projects related to M&A activity simultaneously - independently drives and completes the projects with little to no oversight
- Act as a strategic advisor to senior level HR and business professionals, with an ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Lead efforts to ensure the successful integration of newly acquired entities into UHG’s compensation structure, programs and processes
- Perform tactical tasks as needed with an eye on strategic and long-term goals
- BA / BS degree in Business or Human Resources related field or equivalent compensation experience
- 8+ years of combined M&A experience with business / consulting / HR experience (compensation experience preferred)
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or comparable ERP System
- Experience leading and mentoring others
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Professional certifications, such as CCP
- Financial and business acumen
- Experience building relationships and gaining credibility with human capital and business senior management
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director Compensation, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Telecommute, Remote, Work from home