DescriptionThe Director, Group and Specialty Compliance ensures compliance with governmental requirements. Requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the function or segment.
The Director, Group and Specialty Compliance develops and implements compliance policies and procedures. Researches compliance issues and recommends changes that assure compliance with contract obligations. Maintains relationships with government agencies. Coordinates site visits for regulators, coordinates implementation and compliance with corrective action plans, as needed. Responsible for hiring, training, and firing staff. Decisions are typically related to the implementation of new/updated programs or large-scale projects for the function and supporting technical/operational procedures and processes, and implements strategic plans, drives goals and objectives, and improves performance. Provides input into functions strategy.
- Supports Group and Specialty lines of business, build relationships in order to have seat at table in strategy meetings with key executives
- Understands where business is headed so can ID compliance risks, define work plan, create proactive compliance assessments.
- Supports strategic initiatives from compliance perspective; as business transforms understand state rules and how to build appropriate compliance plan to support.
- Understands what controls need to be in placed to implement appropriate rules, and appropriate check points embedded into processes to ensure compliance, periodic checks to make sure the process is working.
- Builds and maintains relationships with regulators (State DOI, Dept of Labor, Federal entities).
- Manages market conduct exams and inquiries - single source for everything going on in state and create consistent approach to tracking state level issues.
- Monitors and provides oversight; proactive control environment, exams, issues. Has consistent plan, and monitors mitigation.
- Master's Degree or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of compliance experience working with commercial products and regulators
- 8 +years of management/leadership experience
- Demonstrated experience in developing high performing teams and process improvement.
- Law degree
- Understanding of lean principles
Scheduled Weekly Hours40