BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
SENIOR HUMAN RESOURCES BUSINESS PARTNER
In this highly visible role, this position reports directly to the Chief Human Resources Officer, and plays a key strategic role in providing effective solutions to the business. The Senior Human Resources Business Partner will provide consultation to senior leaders in areas including: talent management, performance management, succession planning, leadership and development, talent acquisition, organizational change/design, and lead the employee relations function.
- Drives talent review processes and succession planning as key strategic lever for meeting the business’ strategic priorities.
- Aligns the right structure, cultural context, and practices to drive employee performance.
- Provide strategic HR advice, coaching, development and support to the functional business units.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and hiring managers on organizational design, especially in the request for position additions.
- Researches best practices and provides strategic recommendations based on data analysis and incorporation of metrics to measure outcomes.
- Partners with appropriate centers of excellence to provide a full range of HR services in the areas of staffing, employee relations, compensation, and leadership and development.
- Ensures the consistent application of HR policies, processes and systems within the groups they support, while maintaining knowledge of HR policies, programs, laws and issues.
- Coaches managers to enhance leadership abilities, relationships among teams/individuals, interpersonal communications and performance management.
- Provides/delivers innovative and integrated HR practices around critical business issues.
- Works closely with in-house legal team on monitoring and making recommendations regarding compliance with federal, state, local and other employment regulations.
- Establishes credibility throughout the organization as an effective listener and problem solver of people issues. Ensures that people issues are identified and resolved quickly.
- Demonstrates an understanding of business operations and systems, processes, departments, and functions to analyze the company's organizational design and to provide ongoing direction and best practices for managing a complex and creative business organization.
- Enables other leaders within the organization to identify, nurture, develop, and support development of leadership skills and future leaders.
- 8+ years’ experience in a human resources business partner function
- PRH preferred, but not required
- Ability to develop relationships, understand the needs of the business and develop successful solutions
- Strong business acumen, understanding the business and financial conditions, link HR and business strategy, and identify ways to improve business performance
- Skilled at identifying and assessing current organizational capabilities, building what’s required, shaping, supporting and aligning organizational programs to reinforce company culture
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws pertaining to Human Resources
- Ability to work cross functionally with HR Team and business units across the organization
- Ability to use data driven business information (analytics), to extract insight from analysis and translate the impact of HR solutions via measurable results.
BJ's Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.