Bed Bath & Beyond is searching for an Executive with impeccable leadership skills to oversee the Customer Returns function and lead the implementation of complex, cross-functional, and highly visible strategic return initiatives across the N.A. network. The ideal candidate will lead, develop, and inspire a world class multi-channel customer returns service process, achieving customer expectations and organization objectives of cost savings. This Leader will excel at engaging and communicating across multiple domains, including project management, strategy, supply chain, retail merchandising, marketing, customer and store operations, & analytics. If you thrive on identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement than apply now!
- Oversee the customer returns function and lead the implementation of complex, cross-functional, and highly visible strategic return initiatives across the N.A. network.
- Develop systems and processes to improve overall returns process.
- Create and implement a strategic framework responsible for assessing and analyzing our external customers’ feedback regarding returned items across the Bed Bath & Beyond N.A. network and its subsidiaries.
- Combine information from our supply chain, point-of-sale, and other data to pinpoint the root causes of ‘returns’—such as issues with product presentation, product damage, and ultimately working with necessary teams to address the problems.
- Lead, develop, and inspire a world class multi-channel customer returns service process, achieving customer expectations and organization objectives of cost savings. Focus on executing operational analysis across Customer Service, Supply Chain, and Merchandising departments, while developing relationships with BBB vendors.
- Work closely with Return Center departments at all BBB facilities, 3rd party partners, and vendor partners to not only improve return operations, but provide root cause occurrence solutions.
- Drive the operational and financial performance of Customer Returns through developing and analyzing both long-range and short term forecasts, financial goals, key business strategies and initiatives.
- Apply an agile problem solving approach and the right frameworks, operating cadence, and business analysis and acumen to each phase of the identified lifecycle of customer returns.
- Identify key risks, dependencies, and work with necessary internal/external teams to put solutions in place that will achieve company favorable outcomes.
- Engage and communicate across multiple domains, including product management and engineering, strategy, supply chain, retail merchandizing, marketing, customer and store operations and analytics.
- Create a platform that provides detailed analysis of product returns.
- Assess trends and root causes of customer returns.
- Liaison for communicating results to internal/external partners resulting in implementing World Class customer-centric solutions
- Maximize value on returned goods by working cross-functionally with Operations/Sales/ Marketing/ Contact Centers to develop a fully integrated strategy.
- Identify and resolve issues with vendors, merchandising, store operations, distribution, and other related supply chain components (including but not limited to online description discrepancies, product dimension inaccuracies)
- Approve any necessary 3PL negotiated contracts pertaining to merchandise handling; using analytics to provide insight on cost, company profit loss, creating ideal partnerships.
- Ensure network adopts appropriate product handling practices to decrease customer returns due to damages.
- Analyze key processes of work procedures across all BBB Concepts pertaining to customer returns/vendor returns, processes taking into consideration impact to all other areas such as warehouse, customer service center, and distribution center
- Act as key point of integration across the BBB organization and its subsidiaries on all things related to returns
- Collaborate across business concepts to ensure sound financial decisions are made; drive significant cost savings and improvement in company expense and customer experience
- Create and maintain budgets, project plans, management, progress, expenditure, and other related reports to identify root cause and successful achievement of objectives or variances
- Communicate benefits and champion returns initiatives throughout the BBB organization.
- Leverage stakeholder panels and seller/supplier focus groups to incorporate feedback into initiative development and improvement
- Partner with necessary cross functional teams to create/define procedure/policy, outline initiatives, and roll out and monitor changes
- Develop and measure KPI’s to evaluate return prevention, recovery rate and processing costs
- BA in Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering or related field with 15+years of related experience; MA/ MBA strongly preferred
- Six SIgma Green Belt and/or Lean Certification preferred
- 8+ years experience anticipating future business needs; identifying opportunities for innovation and improvement, and executing strategies to improve efficiencies by optimizing performance and reducing expense
- Established examples of Process improvement initiatives and their maintenance
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues (Effective in communication, flexibility, sense of urgency, dependability)
- Strong customer service focus and time management skills
- Our program of generous benefits includes:Our brand new benefits suite includes four medical plans, two dental plans, vision, life insurance, short and long term disability, HSA, FSA and a 401(k) with company match
- Year round associate discount of all the Bed Bath & Beyond chain of specialty stores (including buybuyBaby, Cost Plus World Market, and Harmon Face Values)Paid Time Off program
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.