Oversight of contract and internal test car operations on G&W including coordinating schedule, purchase orders, monitoring defect correction, etc. with regions and railroads. Monitor performance of the test vehicles. Assist VP – Engineering with development and implementation of training and standards. Perform track inspection audits and assist in reviewing and developing capital plans as required.
- Enforce Genesee & Wyoming’s Safety and Engineering Policies
- Track daily production of Rail Flaw and Track Geometry Testing and adjust schedule as needed
- Manage relationship at a corporate level with various third party service providers
- Supervise internal track measurement team
- Lead administrator for Electronic Inspection Recordkeeping Program
- Technical Expert for testing, support, train, and assist Regions to attain top performance
- Provide on-site training on how to interpret, manage, and use provided information
- Work time will be allocated approximately 70% field / 30% office
- Insure compliance with FRA and Company requirements for track inspection, track testing, and employee training.
- Support SVP Engineering and VP of Engineering as required
- Assist in developing and providing training for other required programs as necessary
- Travel as needed to support regions, perform training and oversee test car operations and monitoring of contract compliance
- Solid analysis and problem solving ability
- Great Interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency with CAD software (Auto CAD or Microstation) preferred.
- Customer focus
- Team oriented
- Good Attendance and Punctuality
- Strong knowledge of FRA regulations as pertaining to the Engineering Department (213, 214, etc.)
- Strives to build knowledge and skills
- Pursues training and development opportunities
- Shares expertise with others
- Business Acumen
- Team oriented
- Education and experience required: Bachelor’s degree with 5 - 10 years related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Education Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Experience preferred: 10 years related experience in the railroad industry
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- This position will be located in Jacksonville, FL. Any candidates outside of general commuting distance must be willing to relocate to Jacksonville, FL
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. and its subsidiary companies do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any other protected status under federal, state or local laws.
Jacksonville, Florida, United States