UnitedHealth Group is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The enterprise is undertaking a number of large, multi-year initiatives that will better position us for the transformations occurring in the health care industry. These programs will be aligned with the enterprise architecture goals of values-driven investment, more integrated, modern, and simple. In addition, they must service the unique business requirements of the Medicare and Retiree population.
This position will fulfill the Lead Technical Architect role in the Medicare and Retirement Office of the CIO. This individual will have responsibility both as a technical architect practitioner and as a mentor, and methods champion.
The ideal candidate will work well with others as a respected leader who is seen as charismatic and easy to approach. In addition, they would have a high level of intellectual integrity and be motivated to make a difference in helping people live healthier lives.
- Ensuring capital programs stay aligned to the Medicare and Retirement technology strategy and EA strategies while leveraging existing components and capabilities across the business segment landscape
- Modeling the technical landscape to analyze the alignment of business capabilities with delivered technology and IT solutions. Analyzing the current technology environment to detect critical deficiencies and collaborating with Enterprise Architecture and development team architects to recommend solutions for improvement
- "Selling" the Enterprise Architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results
- Defining the principles that guide technology decisions for the segment
- Designing and leading the implementation of a segment Technology Architecture (reference architecture) based on business requirements and IT strategies, as well as being a champion to rectify gaps and pain points within the current state
- Influencing the development, communication and implementation of the enterprise technology architecture
- Designing solutions following the segment roadmap incorporating technical, information management, and business architecture architectural tenets
- Building end-to-end solution plans that define the ideal and future state systems solution, scope of solution initiatives, solution delivery sequencing, assumptions, and risks
- Assisting with the governance activities associated with ensuring Enterprise Technology Architecture compliance
- Consulting on solution architecture implementations and modification activities (projects), particularly for new and/or shared solutions
- Actively participate in technical 'fit' review activities for capital programs
- For Enterprise initiatives, participating in the evaluation and selection of technology and product standards, as well as the designing of standard configurations
- For segment driven activities, facilitate the engagement with both EA and solution architects within our shared service IT team
- Facilitating change and process improvement within the architecture community
- Collaborating with quality teams to drive continuous improvement for technology solutions
- Identifying and communicating the segment organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, org structures and culture) and financial impact of the Enterprise Technical Architecture
- Graduate degree in applicable area of expertise or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in at least two IT disciplines in a client/server or service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment, including technical architecture, application development, middleware, database management, and operations
- 5+ years of experience in the systematic use of business requirements analysis and definition methodologies
- Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
- Experience overseeing the work of other leaders
- Knowledge of all components of a technical architecture
- Strong technology modeling skills
- Understanding of SOA and object-oriented analysis and design
- Understanding of the political climate of the Enterprise, and how to navigate the political waters
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technical architecture alternatives
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business problems
- Experience with Business Process Modeling and Business Process Management
- Health Industry and Company Knowledge
- Proven Ability to Lead without Authority
- Solid Problem solving skills
- Visionary/Strategist for Solutions
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.