The Director of Field Training provides all aspects of training for the functional roles (store managers, operations managers, customer advocates, etc.) in Safelite's field organization. Responsible for identifying functional training needs, creating training materials, building training execution, and creating strategy on training success across the organization for all roles in the field (with the exception of technicians). Gain clarity around each role in the field and identify what is expected to drive consistency across the organization. Identify what activities and responsibilities are part of each role and clearly identify what success in that role looks like. Collaborates across the organization and specifically with Learning and Development to connect leadership development and training with functional training as well as construct career pathing in the field.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Identify functional training needs across the organization and create the tools, resources, and strategy to execute.
- Clarify role expectations, responsibilities, and activities to create consistency across the organization.
- Collaborate across the organization with field leaders, subject matter experts, and field partners to identify functional training needs and ensure successful implementation.
- Work closely with Learning and Development to connect leadership development training with functional training. Build natural career path opportunities based on role progression.
- Stay current with industry information training concepts.
- 7 to 10 years of experience in similar role.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS/BFA) or equivalent. Master's degree (MA/MBA/MS) preferred.
- Proven experience with driving/leading change within a large, national organization, and strong innovator who has experience with creating unique training solutions.
- Strong people leadership skills (including coaching, developing, mentoring).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong skills with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to travel 25% of time.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.