Bed Bath & Beyond’s Store Finance team supports multiple concepts. The team works in a fast paced environment and focuses on process improvement while finding opportunities to strengthen the P&L. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the business and work across all functions to improve our company.
The Director, Finance will be responsible for monitoring and managing the financial health of the operations of Bed Bath & Beyond. The Director, Finance will work directly with other functional area leadership to ensure we make informed decisions through appropriate data analysis.
Responsibilities of the position focus on the following:
- Work with other team members to review and analyze trends
- Influence, develop, and track expense opportunity plans directly with stores
- Act as liaison between Finance departments and other departments within company
- Represent Finance perspective as part of cross-functional team working on company and departmental initiatives
- Develop ad hoc data analysis
Our general requirements and core competencies include:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business. MBA a plus.
- At least 10 years of related experience in Finance and having achieved at least the Director level. Retail industry experience a plus.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to quickly learn about the business, retain the information and apply to analysis and business decisions.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Ability to establish positive relationships and work effectively with all internal and external constituencies with excellent people management and development skills.
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated.
- Ability to roll-up sleeves and work with team members in a hands-on management capacity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with well-developed analytic capabilities. Ability to communicate clearly and concisely at all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership skills required. Experience in multi-concept operations a plus.
- Assertive; ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required. Access and SQL skills desirable.
- This position can be based out of one of the following geographic areas: Chicago, IL; Milwaukee, WI; San Francisco, CA; Los Angeles, CA
- Travel up to 40%
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.