The Director of Financial Reporting is a newly-created position designed to oversee all internal and external financial reporting for Safelite. This role will also have primary responsibility for all technical accounting within the organization, liaising with other functional areas and Finance teams to improve and maintain the internal control environment through the monthly financial closing and reporting process. This is a great opportunity to use your financial reporting leadership, accounting, and savvy presentation & communication skills to help grow our business. Because this is a new role, you'll be part of continuing to create the long-term vision for this function.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Leads the monthly financial closing and reporting process, including preparation of all Safelite corporate results submissions and presentations, developing a deep understanding of the business and the associated drivers of success, and leveraging financial reporting as a mechanism for educating Safelite leaders and communicating opportunities.
- Actively manages and leads the financial accounting team in terms of creating the appropriate team structure, daily motivation and supervision, ongoing performance management, and leading the team through transformational changes.
- Supports the Safelite Finance team's continuous improvement model by evaluating processes, identifying improvement opportunities, and rigorously implementing changes to improve the control environment, improve service levels, and drive efficiencies
- Collaborates with Corporate Finance in managing the annual budgeting process and preparing periodic reforecasts of the business
- Analyzes, researches, and summarizes new and proposed accounting, reporting, and disclosure standards issued. Develops and maintains Safelite accounting policies to ensure organizational understanding and compliance with IFRS accounting requirements.
- Leads the company-wide fixed assets process, including the identification and implementation of process improvements, and enabling more robust organizational control across the end-to-end fixed asset cycle
- 7+ years of related financial reporting & accounting leadership experience
- Bachelor's degree (Finance, Accounting, Economics) or equivalent experience; MBA or Master's degree in Finance preferred
- CPA required
- Strong communication (verbal, written) and presentation skills
- Confident, approachable, and a team player. Service mindset.
- Microsoft suite proficient, Oracle experience a plus.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.