Bed Bath & Beyond is seeking an experienced Director of Financial Reporting. The Accounting and Financial Reporting team is responsible for SEC reporting, management reporting and consolidation as well as the general ledger close for all of our concepts both domestically and internationally. The team works in a fast paced and collaborative environment and will work closely with various other business channels, as necessary, to obtain the necessary information required to perform the functions of the group. In addition, the team is primarily centrally located at the corporate headquarters.
Responsibilities will include:
- Manage the financial reporting process – both external and internal.
- Author SEC filings including 10-Q and 10-K, including preparing MD&A analysis, reviewing supporting schedules, and partnering with business leaders for review.
- Manage the accounting for stock based compensation and equity, including reviewing journal entries and reconciliations and ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Provide technical research on GAAP, FASB and other regulatory practices and standards to senior leadership and the accounting team.
- Prepare the budget and forecast for the accounting areas managed, including comparing actuals to budget and performing variance analysis.
- Analyze financial results to ensure compliance with debt covenants.
- Implement process improvements in order to create efficiencies and reduce timeframes for deliverables in the financial close and reporting processes.
- Establish written procedures for key processes to help ensure consistency and assist in cross-training.
- Partner with other teams / departments on special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; CPA preferred.
- Strong accounting background with 8 plus years of related experience, including 5 plus years in public accounting preferably from a top tier accounting firm. Public company and/or retail experience is a major plus.
- Strong technical knowledge of U.S. accounting standards and proven experience in researching GAAP, FASB and other regulatory practices and standards.
- Knowledge of stock based compensation accounting standards a plus
- Strong proficiency in general accounting and internal controls.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, communicate progress, develop a plan and execute effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must be willing and able to interact with and present to all levels of the organization in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability to lead, train and develop team.
- Must be results-oriented and be able to juggle multiple priorities with limited supervision.
- Must have a demonstrated hands-on approach and success in working in a team-based environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and prioritize responsibilities accordingly.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.