PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Director of Food Safety and Supplier Quality is responsible to lead and manage, develop, present, and once approved, implement Food Safety and Supplier Quality strategies for Buffalo Wild Wings.
- Develop, present, and execute once approved, food safety and supplier quality best practices and standard operating procedures (SOP's) to deliver a World Class Supply Chain.
- The position is expected to develop comprehensive written strategies for execution in support of the business needs, goals, and objectives set for the given area or responsibility.
- Primary point of contact for suppliers for area of responsibility on a day to day basis.
- Direct product specific, risk-based food safety requirements for North American and International food and beverage suppliers.
- Direct the development of a comprehensive North American and International food supplier and distributor facility review, approval tracking and monitoring program.
- Direct an onsite risk assessment process for North American and International food and beverage suppliers.
- Direct and oversee a food recall process that ensures timely removal of unsafe foods from the supply chain.
- Provide subject matter expertise to help find and establish reliable product identification and traceability systems.
- Develop and maintain an emergency and on call food safety related incident management process to Recall.
- Ability and knowledge to make food safety decisions and risk management plans for all Company and Franchise restaurants.
- Ability to communicate, lead and resolve incidents with Public Health and Regulatory Authorities.
- Perform other related duties, tasks and projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Supervises and provides guidance for direct reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Food Science, Meat Science or related field
- Master's degree in Food Science, Food Safety, or related field (Preferred)
- Minimum of 10 years of food safety experience in foodservice or retail environment
- 5+ years supervising high functioning team(s)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS or ABILITIES:
- Multiyear experience in managing effectively the above listed area of responsibility
- People and results oriented
- Bottom line management skills and strategic thinker
- Excellent presentation, and oratory skills
- Deep analytical skills
- Strategic in-depth knowledge of food safety management and ability to develop enterprise level food safety programs.
- In-depth technical food safety understanding of food safety for food manufacturing, distribution and food service.
- Extremely responsive to internal and external customer requests; exceeds customers' expectations.
- Listens to understand others' viewpoints. Anticipates needs of others and offers solutions.
- The Director of Food Safety and Supplier Quality is limited on the spend authorities as established by corporate governance.
- Authority to implement against all agreed upon and approved supply chain strategy as directed
- Authority to implement process improvements in contracting once approved