PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Director, Franchise Technologies and Business Relationship is responsible for working with corporate and franchise business partners across Inspire Brands to establish a solid governance and process around restaurants' remodels, design and construction, systems implementation as well as establishing close business relationship with Inspire brands franchisees through regular communication and business reporting.
This position will focus on store level Technologies such as point of sale, drive through timers, back office systems, payment systems and other guest facing technologies.
- 1. Drive the Business and IT functions
- a. Correlate business value and priorities to planning activities and goal-setting with all business partners, business leaders, and business functions primarily focused in supply chain, design and construction, IT, operations and finance.
- b. Assist business leaders and enable them to articulate their function's (i.e. technology, people, process) needs and requirements that will advance business performance.
- c. Define and drive current and upcoming business strategies and requirements for a "future global Fortune 500" company with key stakeholders.
i. Think strategically by identifying business function opportunities and adoption within the organization.
- 1. Measure adoption and work with business leadership to develop future roadmap and opportunities.
ii. Partner with business leadership to plan new joint initiatives, evaluate ideas, and determine how they fit into business capability roadmaps and priorities.
iii. Identify and integrate business partners' long-range plans into journey maps and priorities. Brief IT stakeholders on business partner plans.
- d. Advocate for an awareness and focus on business partner strategic plans.
i. Focus on business value rather than solutions to develop ideas, including digital awareness, risk assessments, business continuity, and business capability requirements.
- e. Partner with Enterprise Technology Strategy and Architecture on their architectural strategy and technical innovation plans to support their vision with the business teams.
i. Manage budgetary efforts necessary for securing appropriate funding for key business efforts.
ii. Understand and document current and upcoming business strategies and requirements and aligning them with a holistic architecture using a standard mechanism.
iii. Constantly seeking innovative solutions and feeding them back to the business weighing all key factors such as business fit, initial and ongoing support cost, technological fit in landscape and ease of use.
iv. Mentor and shape initiatives and work efforts to seek cost efficiencies and effectiveness for the business.
v. Educate Franchisees on Inspire Brands' approved technologies by conducting regular demonstrations throughout the year.
vi. Leverage opportunities to communicate with franchisees to inform them about current technologies and their benefits to the Inspire Brands System
- 2. Develop New Capabilities:Identify, develop and embed technological and strategic capabilities that drive profitable growth and/or provides competitive advantage for Inspire Brands related to restaurant employee and guest facing technologies.
- a. Drive innovation within the IT organization and the business through on-going evaluations of emerging or value-added solutions.
- b. Identify, review, and communicate trends in the retail and food service landscape that will deliver value for Inspire Brands.
- c. Establish collaborative working relationships with business partners and co-workers to ensure alignment of IT with the business strategy.
- 3. Build Capability to Drive Growth:Deploys tools, processes and resources to support the enterprise.
- a. Share / leverage successful deliverables, work products, processes and best practices across the organization both inside and outside IT. Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
- b. Work with a continuous improvement mindset to optimize productivity.
- 4. Develop Talents:Collaborates with stakeholders to drive the best results.
- a. Works on company priorities within cross functional team.
i. Align team activities with the goals and outcomes defined by Leadership and the Strategic Plan. Coach, develop, and empower team members and more junior contributors as appropriate.
- Ability to manage and develop a team of 5+ direct reports.
- Required Minimum: Bachelor's degree. Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field or an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered
- Preferred: MBA in business administration or computer engineering
- 15+ years' experience in IT, Bachelor's degree. Business, Computer Sciences, Engineering, or related field or an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience is a plus.
- Restaurant, retail or hospitality industry relevant experience preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR ABILITIES:
- Global Business and functional acumen - Understand the complexity of business on a global scale.
- Strategic and Analytical Capability - Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively.
- Ability to map multi-brand organizational vision and long-term thinking, imagination, and idea generation.
- Relationship-building - Ability to listen, build rapport, and credibility as a strategic partner vertically within the business unit, as well as with leadership and functional teams.
- Leading Teams - Attracts, develops and motivates the talent needed for current and future business requirements.
- Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance expectations and sets example through own behavior.
- Ensures alignment of individual goals with overall business objectives.
- Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable for achieving results.
- Drive for Results - Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality
Manager, Franchise Technologies Arby's
Manager, Franchise Technologies Buffalo Wild Wings