It’s time for us to talk because at UnitedHealth Group, there’s never better time to lead. Health care is changing and evolving at a pace that few could have predicted. Technology, ideas and bold vision are taking companies like UnitedHealth Group to new levels of performance. They can help you bring your impact to a whole new level. As a Director within our network contracting team, you’ll guide the development and support of provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. As you do, you’ll discover the resources, backing and opportunities that you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
- Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Develop and execute strategies for a function or discipline that span a large business unit or multiple markets/sites
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Direct others to resolve business problems that affect multiple functions or disciplines
- Direct work that impacts entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
In this influential, high-impact role, the emphasis will be on setting strategy and working across a matrixed organization to achieve desired results. The environment is fast paced and demanding, so you will be changing priorities often and reacting to the needs of the marketplace.
- 8+ years of management experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 5+ years of experience developing product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- 3+ years of experience developing and managing a medical cost and administrative budget
- Expert level of knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), Diagnosis Related Groups, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groups, etc.
- 5+ years of experience with provider contracting
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
Creating and fine tuning provider networks helps improve access to health care for millions. It's an outstanding opportunity to have more meaning and purpose in your career. Join us. Find out how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Healthcare, Managed Care, Hospital Contracting, Physician Contracting, Ancillary Contracting, Facility Contracting, Provider Network, Network Development, Provider Services, Contract Negotiating, Network Management, Accountable Care Organization (ACO)