Director, HR Project Management & Communications
Primary Location: MA-MABoston-313 Congress St
The MENTOR Network
The MENTOR Network is a mission-based organization dedicated to providing high quality services to those we serve. Therefore, to deliver on our mission, The Network expects every employee to perform his or her job first and foremost in accordance with the Company’s mission.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
- Oversees planning and implementation of the HR projects portfolio, facilitates prioritization, and ensures alignment with strategic objectives.
- Partners with HR leadership team and the business to define, build and launch scalable and sustainable solutions.
- Oversight of annual HR projects within the HR projects portfolio, and lead high impact critical projects.
- Develop and manage HR’s fiscal year budget.
- Direct employee and HR communications; inclusive of management talking points, leadership presentations, HR content for quarterly Board of Directors meetings, Total Rewards communications, and benefits communications campaigns.
- Cultivate strong partnerships and collaboration across the business with initiative owners, field management, field operations and functional leadership to achieve maximum adoption of plan execution.
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
Supervises the HR Communications Specialist. Makes decisions on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations, and similar actions. Resolves employee problems within position responsibilities.
Minimum Knowledge and Skills required by the Job
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required to perform the job.
- BA degree in Human Resources or other related discipline required
- 7-10 years of experience in multiple disciplines in HR required
- An equivalent combination of education and experience which provides proficiency in the areas of responsibility listed above may be substituted for the above education and experience requirements.
- Prior supervisory/management experience strongly preferred.
- None required, SPHR and/or PMP preferred
- Strong work ethic; ability to multitask and juggle changing priorities
- Superb relationship management skills with an ability to collaborate and to negotiate with finesse.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; an ability to effectively communicate with a range of stakeholders, externally and within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented while also focusing on the big picture; maintain a strategic focus while addressing tactical needs.
- Strong identification with the Company’s mission and our commitment to the people we serve and the services we provide.
- Travel as needed
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined on a case by case basis via the interactive process.