DescriptionThe Director, Human Capital Analytics solves complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight to decision-makers. The Director, Human Capital Analytics requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the function or segment.
Humana is a Fortune 60 market leader in integrated healthcare with a clearly defined purpose to help people achieve lifelong well-being. As a company focused on the health and well-being of the people we serve, Humana is committed to advancing the employment experience and vitality of the associate community. Through offerings anchored in a whole-person view of human well-being, Humana embraces a focus on stimulating positive individual and population changes while nurturing a sense of security, enabling people to live life fully and be their most productive.
Against that backdrop, Humana is seeking an accomplished and forward-thinking individual in human system analytics for the position of Director, Human Capital Analytics. In this position, you will manage our capability to leverage leading edge technology and analytics solutions that, in turn, will provide HR and business leaders with actionable insights from which they can make informed decisions on matters pertaining to human capital. A major area of focus will be on helping our lines of business, and their leaders, to become more proficient in leveraging analytics to meet their unique business needs. This position requires a proven analytics thought leader and data science subject matter expert who can create a vision and roadmap for further expanding the capabilities of an already high-performing team. The Director will collaborate with teams in IT, all Human Resources functional areas, and other Humana analytics teams to share best practices, develop new solutions, and manage key projects.
The Director will act as a consultant and advisor to leaders across the enterprise. He/she will be uniquely positioned to influence leaders to think, make decisions and behave differently with regard to the effective use of human capital. Enthusiasm and passion for seeking data driven insights is fundamental to the role, as is the ability to communicate this passion in consultative, opportunistic ways to all Humana stakeholders.
- Evolve analytics to work more closely with line of business leaders to provide insights into human capital process execution
- Identify and implement advanced analytics tools and techniques to drive new and greater knowledge and insights that can be integrated into our human capital processes and practices
- Equip leaders with the information needed to make data-driven decisions by migrating ad-hoc reporting to standard, real-time interactive self-service solutions
- Continue the evolution of the team into a world-class human capital analytics team with a focus on integration of work streams and development of individual talent
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to manage key projects to completion
- Present insights to senior leadership within HR and across the organization and advocate for data-driven decision-making
- Conduct research, design, and execute studies to analyze special workforce issues for internal business clients and/or HR senior leadership
- Lead ad-hoc data analytics projects as needed.
Major Deliverables (12-18 month timeframe)
- Completion of Workday implementation and timely resolution of all post-implementation issues
- Lead the transition of reporting, dashboards and data analyses based on the capabilities of an integrated human capital system (i.e., Workday)
- Drive a more progressive technical approach via increased test and learn methodologies, unstructured data analysis, etc., in order to achieve faster or real-time delivery of data insights
- Enhance the Talent Acquisition function by develop tools focused on virtual job experience and improved talent pipeline management capabilities
- Improve Humana’s workforce planning by developing predictive models using advanced statistical techniques to forecast hiring trends, required staffing levels, and to identify candidates and future leaders with the strategic skills that will drive Humana’s current and future success
Key Candidate Qualifications
The successful candidate will be a recognized thought leader in the field of data science, with proven leadership experience in a highly matrixed environment. He/she will have a results-driven background and a record of driving meaningful change and collaborating effectively with a wide range of internal and external business partners to design and execute strategic initiatives.
In addition, the following technical qualifications and personal attributes are sought:
- Advanced degree (Master’s or Ph.D.) in a quantitative field such as mathematics, statistics, etc.
- Expertise with advanced programming languages and utilities, such as R, Python, Hadoop, etc.
- Knowledge of industrial/organizational psychology fields including assessments, attitudinal surveys, cultural assessments and statistical methods
- Successful experience leading a highly technical team of professionals, including Ph.Ds, and expanding the capabilities and overall performance of that team
- Extensive human capital analytics experience, preferably having built and implemented predictive models
- Workday implementation experience
- Record of success leading the delivery of large, enterprise-scale analytics initiatives involving multiple functions and business segments
- Well-versed on emerging trends in the analytics field
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, including the polish, poise, and executive presence that will ensure effective interaction with senior and executive level audiences
- Proven track record in team development and preparing direct reports for expanded responsibilities
- Experience in a large (Fortune 200) company with a complex organizational structure
- Highly collaborative mindset and excellent relationship-building skills
Scheduled Weekly Hours40