This isn't packaged goods. It's a bigger challenge than that. Here you're making a difference in people's lives, starting with your own. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Director, Internal Communications will provide collaborative leadership, strategic guidance and team management in support of UnitedHealth Group's Human Capital communications. This individual will lead and execute high-impact programs that advance UnitedHealth Group's employee engagement in key Total Rewards and Human Capital programs.
You will also have important team leadership and mentorship responsibilities, ensuring team members are consistently equipped with the direction, information, resources and experienced partnership they need to succeed. You will play a critical role as a coordinator and integrator of compensation, benefits, wellness programs messaging and engagement activities across internal audiences, ensuring consistency of messaging across the organization and achieving strategic, time and cost efficiencies.
This position requires a highly motivated, self-sufficient individual who can effectively interact with a range of stakeholders, including senior executives, and quickly develop an in-depth understanding of UnitedHealth Group's Human Capital programs and its role in the health care system. Essential qualities for success in this position include a collaborative nature, uncompromising eye for quality, exceptional writing, editing and listening skills, superior organizational and program management skills, resourcefulness, creative problem-solving and multi-tasking skills, the flexibility to effectively and quickly adapt to changing priorities and a willingness to dive in and execute on plans.
- Develop and drive communications that engage employees in UnitedHealth Group Human Capital programs - with a particular emphasis on health and wellness benefits and programs
- Provide strategic direction for Human Capital communications
- Develop a collaborative communications environment in which the internal communications team can do its best work and make a measurable, positive impact on employee engagement, understanding and morale
- Lead the work by doing - this position will not only direct and manage others in the work, he or she will be expected to create plans, write and edit work
- Collaborate with business, communications and Human Capital leaders in creating and positioning messages that will resonate and strengthen engagement with UnitedHealth Group’s Human Capital programs
- 10+ years of experience in communications, including extensive human resources and benefits communication, with proven staff mentorship and development expertise
- Experience providing counsel and support to senior leaders regarding communications-related opportunities and issues, and in particular, human resources opportunities and issues
- Experience performing communication needs assessments (with key stakeholder analysis) to align communications with the needs of the business and define audiences to be addressed
- Experience in developing communication content tailored to the specific medium and audience requirements (e.g., emails, speeches, scripts, blogs, web posts, talking points, briefing packets, preparation materials, backgrounders, training decks)
- Experience with strategic thinking and developing a long-term plan and ensuring its execution
- Experience building and/or significantly upgrading communication capabilities as well as the ability to improve processes and organizational talent
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: wellbeing, communications, director, total rewards, human capital, human resources, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota