Innovation. Adaptability. A passion for innovation and problem solving. If those traits brought you here, this opportunity can take you much further. Optum Payment Integrity is serving the health care market with the data and information technology solutions that will fuel change going forward. We are using great data to uncover new solutions and novel marketplace opportunities. If you thrive on making an impact in an evolving market, we should be talking. Join the expanding family of UnitedHealth Group companies and help shape history. You'll help us improve the lives of others while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Innovation Director (Incubation Capability Development) will lead, develop and enhance iLab’s emerging incubation expertise for new enterprise assets and products plus the associated organizational capabilities necessary for full scalability. This role sits at the intersection of our business, technology, and analytics and is vital for enabling new innovations to reach the market quickly and scale at an enterprise level. You will go beyond just providing thought leadership and will lead incubation teams practicing what you preach and refining iLab’s incubation capabilities and best practice on live projects. This role provides thought leadership for the building and executing of Optum Payment Integrity’s (OPI) Innovation Lab – a team dedicated to transformational change.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Member of the iLab leadership team
- Develop framework(s) for incubating new enterprise assets and commercial products rapidly and at scale in a highly matrixed organization. This should include an Incubation Capability Maturity Model.
- Identify future “incubation/product leaders” and define talent development programs and/or an incubation academy to ensure they reach their full potential
- Lead teams creating/incubating new enterprise assets or commercial products
- Work with technical and business teams to evaluate new and emerging technologies, data sources, vendors, academic researchers, and business models; includes collaborating across business segments to both find opportunities for, and showcase ideas in, the OPI innovation and product pipeline
- Drive/participate in the capital request process, as appropriate (e.g., presentations, cost-benefit analysis, business case)
- Translate highly complex concepts in ways that can be understood by a variety of audiences
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Motivate and inspire team members
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience
- Considerable experience leading teams in complex (highly matrixed) environments
- Background in technical or data focused environments
- Experience of multiple industries / sectors
- Demonstrated experience bringing products, services, or enterprise platforms to market (internal or external) - including conceiving new products and the strategies and tactics to turn them into reality
- Demonstrated ability to message, position, and present complex information for maximum customer impact and influence
- Ability to establish credibility and build relationships at all levels.
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing, implementing and delivering on strategies in a matrix environment
- Advanced degree
- Experience in US health care / health insurance
- Experience creating / leading an incubator (or similar)
- Strong financial acumen and experience
- Knowledge of Optum solutions
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.