Department:OH1CH_60000_000 MCHP Administration
Expected Weekly Hours:40
Position Purpose:At Mount Carmel, we’re committed to making a meaningful difference in the lives of our patients and communities. Our colleagues – people like you – share our passion for always going above and beyond to provide the highest standards of care.
MediGold is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage insurance plan serving seniors and other Medicare beneficiaries in Ohio. We’re dedicated to providing excellent customer service, cost-effective care, and exceptional healthcare coverage. We rely on talented colleagues in a wide variety of professional roles including information technology, financial analysis, audit, provider relations and more.
Job Description Details:
The Director, Information Resources will lead a multidisciplinary team that provides project management, system implementation, decision support, application development, vendor oversight and business process consulting to internal customers for MediGold. They will work with a wide variety of business functions including risk-sharing agreements, claims payment, financial management, risk adjustment, member eligibility and enrollment, EDI, care management, data integration and regulatory compliance. They will also serve as the customer-side project manager for a vendor-led claims processing system conversion project.
This hands-on leader will be responsible for the development / maintenance of appropriate project plans, project tracking documentation, budgets, meeting plans, status reporting change management initiatives; development of appropriate systems project team memberships, implementation methodologies and steering committee memberships. They will ensure that all barriers to timely completion of assigned projects are identified and appropriately resolved.
- Clearly articulates assignments and direction; Lead-by-example/coaching mentality with a strong ability to facilitate teamwork and build consensus
- Contributes directly to MediGold Information Resources project needs, be it through direct development, or analysis work, or solutions design/architecture.
- Manages Information Resources functional area purchases and ensures the proper processing of all invoices related to assigned projects.
- Effectively manages the challenges of technology, process methodology, and people (individual and reporting personnel)
- Works closely with all areas of MCHS and Trinity Health Information Resources to ensure complete, efficient, and integrated systems.
- Participates in all project related reporting and communication to the steering committee and other stakeholders.
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity through raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- All other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Health Care Science or equivalent experience.
- Five to seven years of supervisory experience in an Information Resources role. Six plus years' experience in project planning and implementation of information systems projects.
- Must possess a current, valid Ohio Driver's License
- Working experience and knowledge of Healthcare and Insurance industry experience preferred. Health Plan/Medicare Advantage Plan experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to plan, facilitate and coordinate all activities of a multi-disciplinary Information Systems functional area.
- Technical Skills: Software/Application/Database Development (SQL SSIS ETL), Web Data Analytics (Teradata, Informatica, Tableau, Business Objects), Strong general IT infrastructure and networking knowledge
- Strong process and documentation skills
- Exposure to/experience with LEAN/Six Sigma preferred
- Experience leading a blended IT operation consisting of a multi-disciplinary team of developers, business analysts and technicians
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with all levels of management; Ability to establish positive working relationships with information technology related organizations external to MCHP including third party software vendors.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate complex technical and application issues for a variety of audiences.
- Must possess the following attributes: A strong bias for action and the demonstrated ability to take an initiative and move projects forward; Strong conflict and issue resolution skills; Ability to function as a change leader; possess strong negotiation skills; Ability to set and manage multiple priorities; Ability to function in a high-pressure environment; self-directed and motivated.
Discovering opportunities, support and excellence – all while making a real difference in patients’ lives – begins at Mount Carmel. Find a new beginning and advance your career with us.
Mount Carmel and all its affiliates are proud to be equal opportunity employers. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or physical ability.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.