THE OPPORTUNITY/ RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director, International Business Development will develop and close large sales opportunities for educational products with ministries of education and NGOs throughout the export region (Middle East, Africa, Europe, Latin America, Caribbean).
• High level and high target, entrepreneurial selling to government officials and large NGOs
• Create opportunities for Scholastic using relationships developed via significant travel and networking to designated export regions
• Develop and nurture key connections with government and non-government influencers in targeted countries
• Develop and nurture influential relationships with ministries to encourage their release of tenders that favor Scholastic products
• Provide coaching to field sales reps to inspire them to stronger performance.
HOW YOU CAN FIT
• Must have a strong sales performance record with success in multiple large sales ($250k+).
• Must be ambitious, courageous, strategic, energetic, goal oriented
• Education sales background preferred
• Government sales background preferred
• International business/sales experience preferred
WHO WE ARE
Scholastic Corporation (NASDAQ: SCHL) is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books, a leading provider of core literacy curriculum and professional services, and a producer of educational and entertaining children's media. The Company creates quality books and ebooks, print and technology-based learning programs for pre-K to grade 12, classroom magazines and other products and services that support children's learning both in school and at home. With operations in 14 international offices and exports to 165 countries, Scholastic makes quality, affordable books available to all children around the world through school-based book clubs and book fairs, classroom collections, school and public libraries, retail and online. True to its mission of 97 years to encourage the personal and intellectual growth of all children beginning with literacy, the Company has earned a reputation as a trusted partner to educators and families. Learn more at www.scholastic.com.
Some benefits that we offer:
• 100% vested of 401(k) Retirement Plan after 5 years employment
• Up to 1M worth of supplemental Life Insurance
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Purchase Scholastic stock at a 15% discount
Thank you for your consideration in choosing Scholastic.