Own and manage the expansion of the Tax Notice Services (TNS) post-filing business. The TNS business includes the service offering and software solution to support tax clients that receive an IRS letter or have a need to interact with the IRS outside of the annual tax preparation event. In additional to the TNS responsibility, identify new, relevant partnerships with innovative products and/or services that H&R Block can promote and deliver to clients through existing or new channels.
The scope of this role includes business strategy, technology, client experience, training, P&L management, marketing and business development.
Relocation assistance is available.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic Planning & Direction
- Develop the vision, growth strategy and long-range plans for the TNS business and future partnerships.
- Identify the strategic initiatives to scale the TNS business through enhancements to the current program and recommended new growth initiatives.
- Meet with executive management, business representatives, external partners, and various focus groups to receive feedback on current systems, processes and procedures and to brainstorm enhancements for future program and development initiatives.
- Ensure that goals and objectives for the organization align with strategic priorities.
- Business Development and Partnerships
- Evaluate external partner solutions/products that could be promoted to HRB clients and assess each solution for brand, client, channel and strategic fit.
- Develop leads, manage the RFI/RFP process, negotiate contracts, and drive program execution as needed with support from internal business partners.
- Establish, build and own relationship with external partners.
- Manage the implementation of any new third-party products or services delivered to H&R Block clients.
- Resource Management
- Provide leadership and ongoing status updates and collaborate across departments on projects.
- Coach managers on supervising techniques, performance management, and training options.
- Evaluate staffing needs and hire staff based on workload, timeline, and priorities. Determine best staffing solution (i.e., contractor, temporary, or regular HRB associate).
- Monitor department productivity and provide staff members with direction. Provide regular performance feedback to staff members.
- Ensure staff is focused on development opportunities and progress toward the accomplishment of goals.
- Financial/Budget Management
- Manage the P&L for the organization.
- Accountable for developing and managing an annual department operating plan and associated budgets which are moderate to significant in size and complexity.
- Operations/Project Management
- Responsible for product development, training, field support/communications and quality assurance.
- Help design the overall client experience and relationship function which provides support to tax professionals who are assisting clients.
- Work closely with the TNS technology team to manage and prioritize the business requirements for the TNS software.
- Establish and track SLAs and key metrics to meet client expectations and program goals.
- Participate in the program planning process with other members of management and affected external partners.
- Monitor operational and/or project schedules to ensure that work is on track for timely completion with high quality.
- Ensure external partner and vendor coordination for processes or projects.
- Responsible for communicating program plans upline and across the organization to create awareness and obtain sponsorship and support from management and cross-business unit leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.
- Ten (10) years of experience driving and achieving business results.
- Five (5) years of leadership and operational experience.
- Proven track record of successfully managing and scaling a business or growing a significant business unit within a company.
- Proven track record of delivering innovative/creative solutions.
- Experience in generating new B2B partnerships.
- Experience in product development.
- Ability to translate business strategy into department/product/program strategy.
- Ability to guide groups toward a vision and identify/develop solutions.
- Experience with cost benefit analysis in preparing/reviewing business cases.
- Experience developing and managing a significant department budget.
- Demonstrated leadership with strong presentation skills and ability to influence a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of schedules, tight deadlines, and competitive demands.
- Ability to work with external vendors.
- Experience in tax preparation post-filing activities and related IRS processes.
- Experience in financial services and/or FinTech.
- Experience in developing and executing online marketing and other marketing campaigns.