The L&D Director is an enterprise role that will help shape the digital learning transformation for our organization. The L&D Design and Operations Director will lead efforts in designing, developing and maintaining learning solutions for Bed Bath & Beyond. This leader will report to the Vice President of L&D and collaborates with our retail & HR leadership teams across business concepts. This role will own the learning design strategy that will create learning solutions to address talent and performance needs that directly impact rapidly evolving business priorities and objectives. The L&D Design and Operations Director will lead and develop a geographically disbursed team of learning professionals.
- Experience leading a digital learning transformation.
- Strong knowledge of retail learning demands and resources, including identifying and managing external partnerships with training vendors and industry organizations who provide content and resources to support critical skill learning and capabilities.
- Development of an end to end design strategy to effectively enhance associate skill and effectiveness (blended learning solutions with direct digital background).
- Strong leadership skills, ability to coach, develop and grow talent while managing multiple projects.
- Lead the creation and delivery of repeatable and scalable design principles to create efficiency.
- Evolve the L&D Design and Operations workflow to support the enterprise.
- Design, develop and execute a best in class design strategy that is connected to business imperatives
- Partner cross-functionally to create and maintain organization-wide instructional design standards and best practices for the design and development of scalable, digital-rich learning solutions.
- Create learning reporting and measurement guidelines, best practices and standards to create awareness of learning impact.
- Standardize learning dashboards that are focused on increasing learning effectiveness and business impact.
- Promotes a culture among the L&D Design and Operations team of curiosity and innovation with a solutions focus.
- Demonstrated ability in articulating learning solutions through a business centric lens.
- Own the integrity of the end-to-end learning experience and best in class standards of quality for design by leading quality reviews across stakeholder groups, facilitating lessons-learned discussions after completion of projects, coaching, and helping the team to integrate changes as needed.
- Establish roles, responsibilities, and expectations for the L&D Design and Operations team, stakeholders and SMEs supporting learning initiatives.
- Establish continuous communication with stakeholders throughout the learning development process.
- Build, lead, and communicate the vision to a team of multimedia developers and instructional designers.
- Coach and develop a team of multimedia developers and instructional designers.
- Analyze and monitor Instructional Design & Technology trends and strategies, seeking out new innovations to continually evolve and improve our learning delivery.
- Build the LMS architecture as the foundation for the digital learning strategy.
- Imbed LMS process and procedure into the design process within the L&D Design and Operations team.
- Responsible for integrating new learning design, production software, LMS upgrades and determining if the solution is cost effective and scalable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Instructional/Multimedia Design, Instructional Technology, Organizational Effectiveness or equivalent work experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of (10) years’ experience in leadership roles within HR and/or retail learning function with direct people management background.
- Advance Instructional Design certification preferred.
- Preferred candidates will be familiar with SCORM technologies and have experience in developing infographics, videos, interactive simulation, creative text design and animation.
- Ability to manage all phases of a solution/project lifecycle, from initial analysis, design and planning, to execution and measurement
- Demonstrated ability to create, articulate and implement a nimble and scalable design infrastructure.
- Excellent listening skills with emotional intelligence, strong interpersonal skills, and quick to build trust amongst stakeholders.
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to influence stakeholders, build credibility as a trusted advisor and strong communication skills.
- Strong business acumen with the ability to correlate blended learning solutions to measurable business outcomes.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project and change management skills.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Learning Management Experience (Workday) preferred.
- Travel required.
- eLearning: 3 years (Required)
- Storyline: 2 years (Required)
- Articulate: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe: 1 year (Required)
- InDesign: 1 year (Preferred)
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.