Directs, coordinates, and executes the activities of a training department in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training and performance support solutions for H&R Block field and corporate associates. Partners with key senior business leaders to identify gaps in desired performance and recommends solutions. Responsible for the delivery of products in a multi channel blended learning environment. Delivery methods can include, but are not limited to, classroom; online; simulations; and synchronous and asynchronous learning events. Solutions are designed to drive business results through learning solutions by increasing the ability of associates to perform essential job functions. Results drive increased Clients, Revenue and Earnings as well as client/associate retention, tax professional expertise/certifications, and increased engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Strategic partner in the design and development of a world class training organization.
- Serve as member of the field learning and development leadership team by defining and implementing best practices and strategic initiatives.
- Applies a variety of instructional design methodologies to create and deliver quality training materials in an adult learning environment.
- Designs and develops targeted curriculum for all levels of office associates, field leadership and franchisees.
- Identifies methods to maximize the effectiveness of learning solutions and internal knowledge development processes.
- Collaborate with senior management in its decision-making and strategic planning.
- Proactively works with business partners as a resource in identifying performance gaps and designing solutions.
- Collaborates with other field learning & development directors to ensure high quality service and team effectiveness.
- Coaches direct reports on all aspects of staff development, performance management and professional goal achievement.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Education, Organizational Development or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in a learning discipline preferred.
- Significant experience in area of expertise, typically 10+ years with increasing levels of responsibility.
- 5+ years directly or indirectly managing teams successfully.
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability to design, develop and deliver professional training, using a variety of development tools and delivery methods.
- Mastery of instructional design methodologies, such as ISD model or the ADDIE model.
- Knowledge and practice of Kirkpatrick’s levels of evaluation.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and multiple teams concurrently.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Self-awareness and sense of accountability.
- Proven accomplishment in building relationships with customers and internal clients.
- Proven ability to lead teams to meeting their objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully give and receive feedback at all levels of the organization.
- Proven ability to think creatively and effectively troubleshoot/problem solve.
Technical skills: Proficiency in Microsoft Windows and InDesign applications
Management: 5+ years of manager experience which would prepare the incumbent for a Director level position.