The Learning & Development Director collaborates with our retail business operators and HR leadership to identify talent development needs, priorities and necessary outcomes to directly impact rapidly evolving business priorities and objectives. This role is responsible for the development and leadership of a team of learning professionals.
- Experience leading a digital learning transformation.
- Strong knowledge of retail learning demands and resources, including identifying and managing external partnerships with training vendors and industry organizations who provide content and resources to support critical skill learning and capabilities.
- Development of an end to end delivery strategy to effectively enhance associate skill and effectiveness (blended learning solutions with direct digital background).
- Partner with senior management teams to identify and quantify effective measurements as outcomes to training strategy for our retail stores.
- Strong leadership skills, ability to coach, develop and grow talent while managing multiple projects.
- Development of a blended learning strategy for new hires & existing associates and plan to acquire or create training modules. Creation/or sourcing of required content for best in class training.
- Develops collaborative relationships and functions as an expert consultant to our HR Business Partners, key retail business leaders, subject matter experts and Learning resources to identify performance improvement opportunities, close knowledge or performance gaps, and gather source content for learning.
- Works cross-functionally to develop performance and development solutions that improve business results through increased retention, improved engagement, and the development of high-performing associates.
- Development of digital delivery tools to enable and measure effectiveness of training. Incorporate blended learning, eLearning and other training methodologies to meet training goals and needs.
- Assists associates and managers in assessing their performance and development needs. Recommends scalable solutions, including developing customized training and team development sessions as needed; follows up to assess the effectiveness of the recommended programs.
- Applies decision making skills, creativity, and expertise in learning theory to the co-development and implementation efforts that support our business people strategies.
- Facilitates training including instruction, feedback, development plans, and coaching.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education, Human Resources, Business Management or equivalent work experience required. CPLP preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in leadership roles within HR and/or retail learning function.
- Demonstrated ability to create, articulate and implement a Learning vision, strategy and action plan and roadmap for Bed Bath & Beyond associates.
- Leadership skills including the ability to lead with influence and demonstrate an ability to correlate blended learning solutions to measurable business outcomes.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, project and change management skills.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- Learning Management Experience (Workday) preferred.
- Travel required.
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.