If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Director of Long-Term Real Estate Planning, you will work closely with business leaders, Corporate Services colleagues and others across the enterprise to drive successful completion of strategic real estate planning projects. You will gain an understanding of enterprise and business objectives, gather data from multiple sources, lead complex analyses and recommend future real estate actions. The position requires a broad set of skills starting with the ability to organize, analyze and interpret large amounts of information supported by a collaborative, customer service focused attitude. A key aspect is an aptitude for communicating the analytical findings in a concise and meaningful manner to leaders.
The Long-Term Real Estate Planning team works to optimize UnitedHealth Group’s real estate portfolio, pursuing enterprise efficiency objectives while supporting segment performance. We collaborate across the enterprise, fostering relationships and leveraging data to recommend future real estate actions and build consensus.
We are part of the Strategic Planning and Analysis team, which comprises approximately 30 employees supporting the finance, reporting, strategic planning, communication and project needs of Corporate Services. Corporate Services includes divisions that provide vital support and partnership to UHG businesses and includes Enterprise Sourcing & Procurement, Enterprise Real Estate Services, and Enterprise Resiliency & Response.
- Lead the Long-Term Real Estate Planning team with two direct reports
- Serve as both the leader / manager of a team and as an individual contributor on higher profile and more complex projects
- Complete complex real estate analyses by accurately organizing, merging and analyzing multiple data sets
- Interpret, summarize and present analytical findings
- Understand the perspectives of various stakeholders, think flexibly and creatively to make fact-based recommendations balancing the multiple priorities
- Effectively communicate findings, influencing leadership decisions with fact-based recommendations
- Independently drive progress on real estate planning projects involving multiple stakeholders and functional areas
- Collaborate and build relationships with colleagues in Real Estate Services and Human Capital
- Prioritize, organize and balance multiple demands and competing deadlines
- Proven problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of analytical experience
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Intermediate level of proficiency with Excel (pivot tables, statistical functions, charts, graphs, formulas, import / export data) and PowerPoint
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience in real estate data analysis
- Working knowledge of corporate real estate concepts and terminology
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 5 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director Long-Term Real Estate Planning, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota