Default: Practice : Practice
The Director - Market Operations (DMO) oversees the management, goals and objectives of all dental practices under his/her jurisdiction to produce services in the most cost effective manner within quality guidelines. The Director – Market Operations (DMO) works closely with each Operations Leader and Doctor to establish and maintain a stable, successful team which is engaged and accountable for meeting and exceeding patient expectations and the financial goals of the practice.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships among the Doctors, the staff and the company; understand and advocate the needs of the Doctors' practices and the company; monthly inform Doctors of current events, sharing successes from other Doctors/practices, resolving concerns, hearing and being responsive to their feedback and suggestions; reviewing and explaining financial data and communicating company strategy; actively address Doctor needs.
- Possess a business mentality and ownership of district; provide clarity to Operations Leaders and Doctors on company expectations from them; inspire Operations Leaders and Doctors to "buy in" to their ownership and accountability; understand and teach the operational levels that optimize productivity, efficiency and profitability; verify that Operations Leaders have adequate training and understand key metrics as well as their responsibility for meeting the company standards.
- Direct responsibility for the Doctors' financial success; review current collection/AR/production/key doctor statistics in monthly meetings to ensure the income expectations are being met.
- Learn what resources each practice needs and own the oversight of their receipt.
- Follow hiring protocol by partnering with internal recruiter to recruit top quality talent into the organization; partner with HR to assist in employee retention.
- Provide a candid, external perspective and give feedback to Operations Leaders and Doctors on their staff's performance; assist them with corrective action; work closely with HR to put corrective action/performance improvement plans in place as needed and manage personnel accordingly.
- Ensure that all company policies and employment related laws are being followed consistently and that the desired results are attained.
- Regularly recognize and reward success and performance; develop and execute a coordinated plan in concert with HR.
- Be a change agent and adapt to the dynamic changes of the dental marketplace; champion new initiatives with confidence and conviction; encourage "buy in" of new company initiatives among Doctors, Operations Leaders and the practice staff.
- Facilitate the communication process between Home Office and each practice; be a resource and a sounding board; personally visit each practice as needed.
- Ensure that Operations Leaders are continually teaching, grooming, challenging and developing future Operations Leaders; work with HR on their further development.
- Train Operations Leaders on current processes/policies and follow through on all projects for successful completion; hold Operations Leaders and their teams accountable; ensure all daily/monthly reports are accurate and completed timely; make sure practices are adhering to OSHA and company policy regulations as well as the policies and procedures in the perio, ortho and training manuals.
- Ensure that the proper lines of communication are being followed.
- Lead by example; follow Code of Ethics; instill enthusiasm, timeliness, and respect in all.
o Doctor meetings
o Operations Leader meetings
o Review of the practice bonus potential with Operations Leaders
o Review updated scorecards with Operations Leaders
o Minimum four days of backend auditing
o Completed Quality checks
o Attendance to any scheduled DMO/Home Office conference calls
- Quarterly accountability: accurately completed cleaning checklists
- Budget accountabilities: meet or exceed assigned district budgets on a monthly basis in
o Accounts Receivable
o Bachelor's degree and/or the equivalent of 3+ years of experience as a Multi-unit District leader
o Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship building skills; establish and maintain positive working relationships, internally and externally.
o Strong and effective communication skills for management and all staff levels.
o Project professional image at all times, reflective of Dental One Partners' values.
o Excellent time management and organization skills; meet deliverables timely.
o Demonstrated analytical skills to include reading, understanding, analyzing and interpreting financial data and operational metrics; knowledge of developing and implementing action plans to achieve successful performance.
o Computer proficiency including MS Office Suite of products and office machines.
o Exercise high degree of independent decision making skills with sound judgment and with autonomy.
- Extensive travel
- Safety procedures required in practices to minimize exposure to radiation and other business required, potentially harmful elements
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities. The company’s management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.