DescriptionAs a company whose primary focus is on the well-being of its members, Humana is dedicated to shifting perceptions of the health insurance industry. We believe our role goes beyond that of an insurer to that of a well-being partner who will empower customers to live a life that’s healthy, active, and rewarding.
We are seeking a Director, Member Engagement Marketing to lead our member marketing team’s evolution into a modern, data-driven omni-channel performance marketing engine for Humana. The position is responsible for strategy, execution, and measurement of member-focused communications at Humana. The Director will drive the development and mentoring of individual team leaders and team members, and will manage the day-to-day member engagement marketing activities that support Humana Retail business areas.
This role requires innovative thinking about the interactions between Humana and the consumer and a practical understanding of how marketing communications and consumer engagement programs can be used to enable Humana to develop long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with consumers.
• Demonstrate business acumen and consumer understanding to be the voice of the consumer in business conversations
• Understand business goals to develop marketing strategies and plans to deliver on the goals
• Develop and manage budget
• Leverage data and analytics and CRM tools to deliver relevant, personalized experiences
• Lead cross-functional teams to execute engagement communications efficiently and flawlessly
• Develop team members and hold them accountable for high performance
• Define and execute testing plans to maximize the learnings from each member engagement program; share results and implications across the enterprise
• Participate in enterprise marketing strategy, governance, and innovation initiatives to disseminate modern marketing concepts and stimulate innovative thinking
• Provide input into the marketing technology road map, guiding investment in the integrated CRM platform and driving improved efficiency, effectiveness, and marketing ROI
• Maintain effective relationships across the enterprise to bring strategic value to our clients
• Foster best-practice sharing across acquisition marketing, member engagement marketing, corporate marketing and communications, consumer analytics, and marketing data science
• Act as a thought leader and a key contributor to the professional development of our marketing team
The successful candidate will be an accomplished marketing leader who understands the positive impact member engagement programs can have on an organization. He/she will be deeply passionate about managing omni-channel, data-rich marketing programs that are directly driven by the strategic goals of the company.
In addition, the following candidate qualifications and attributes are sought:
- Extensive senior-level experience in a combination of general, digital, database or direct marketing, and marketing-related analytics roles
- Experience in consumer omni-channel marketing is the primary qualification; additional experience in healthcare industry, consumer marketing in regulated industries, or marketing to healthcare providers is preferred.
- Strong strategic, critical thinking, and conceptual abilities; ability to lead strategic planning discussions, and turn those into plans and tactics that are executable and measurable
- Record of success in creating clear and quantifiable marketing goals based on business plans and objectives
- A marketing approach based on the “client” mindset, an understanding of line of business strategies and goals, and an appreciation for diverse business models that include B2C, B2B, and B2B2C.
- Experience in leading change through energizing others, modeling adaptability, and inspiring strong organizational performance through periods of transformation, ambiguity, and complexity.
- Experience managing both cross functional/matrix teams and teams of direct reports. Demonstrated ability to influence others and interact with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to understand data, define test plans and analyze results, assess marketing performance and make data-driven decisions about future marketing activities and investments
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including ability to synthesize complex ideas and technologies.
- Experience in program management and vendor/agency management - ability to coordinate activities, collectively set strategies and monitor progress.
- Familiarity with marketing tools, such as IBM (Marketing Software, Marketing Cloud, etc.), Adobe Marketing, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Oracle (Eloqua, Bluekai, etc.) as well as related analytical and visualization tools, such as Tableau, SAS, IBM SPSS, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or related master’s degree desired.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40