DescriptionAs a company whose primary focus is on the well-being of its members, Humana is dedicated to shifting the health insurance industry. We believe our role goes beyond that of a provider to that of a well-being partner who will empower customers to live a life that’s healthy, active, and rewarding.
Against that backdrop, Humana is building a best-in-class Engagement Marketing and Data Analytics Center of Excellence (EMDA). We are currently seeking a Director, Member Engagement Strategy who will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic initiatives which create highly personalized and effective campaigns for specifically targeted member groups throughout their relationship with Humana, leading to increased member health, decreased customer churn, and increased customer value.
The Director will work closely with Member Engagement marketing teams tasked with achieving specific line of business goals, Analytics teams, and Process Transformation Office Communications team members to achieve specific engagement goals for their cohort of members.
- Responsible for the engagement and value generated from groups of Humana members with common characteristics (cohorts).
- Utilize data-driven insights to develop unique member cohorts and improve the predictability and quality of member engagement and create sustained behavior change.
- Collaborate with Engagement Marketing teams and corresponding lines of business to develop strategies which achieve business goals while improving the organization’s ability to focus on member-centric needs.
- Develop key performance indicators and ROI metrics to benchmark and track initiative success.
- Applying a member lens and vigorous test-and-learn methodologies, continuously optimize interactions to improve the customer experience, and maximize both wallet share and consumer lifetime value using:
o Multi-channel strategies
o Streamlined communication
o Aligning messaging with member preference
o Next best action message delivery
- Proactively develop intervention and program strategies to impact engagement and health status of targeted cohorts.
- Act as a change agent to advance enterprise member-centric and personalization goals.
The major deliverables that the Director will be expected to accomplish during the first 12 months include:
- Proof of concept campaign test results demonstrating member-centric strategies applied to specific member cohorts improve the predictability and quality of member engagement
- Document a “test & learn” methodology for cohort-aligned initiatives that meets the business goals of all relevant stakeholders
- Achieve balance between member experience and business goal attainment.
- Achieve the targeted engagement goals for a distinct cohort of members.
- Transparent process for coordination within EMDA and across business segments.
- Develop reports and dashboards to communicate progress of customer segment strategy efforts
Key Candidate Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s strongly preferred)
- Extensive strategy and marketing experience focused on customer segmentation, engagement or lifecycle marketing within similar vertical industries such as Healthcare, Hospitality, Travel, Telecom, or Financial Services
- Demonstrated track record of leadership and performance in the fields of segmentation, lifecycle marketing, customer analytics, and multi-channel marketing.
- Experience working closely with database marketers, data warehouse/BI experts, and CRM system vendors.
- Foundational understanding of predictive modeling and customer lifetime value modeling.
- Experience with leading direct reports and cross-functional teams.
- Complex and innovative problem-solving, analytical, critical and strategic thinking capabilities; knows how to create options and then converge on solutions.
- Demonstrates initiative with a results orientation, and is highly resourceful (stretches people and money; compresses time)
- Brings an organized, attention-to-detail approach (strong tactical execution)
- Exceptional cross-functional collaboration, relationship management, influencing, and interpersonal skills.
- Impeccable oral and written communication skills, as well as the polish, poise, and executive presence to effectively interact with executive and senior-level stakeholders.
- Very disciplined; has the ability to multi-task, manage competing priorities and operate effectively within a large and complex organizational structure.
Scheduled Weekly Hours40