The Merchandising Financial Planning & Analysis Director will be responsible for overseeing the merchandise financial planning process, which includes developing long term strategic plans, annual merchandise plan targets, corporate sales and inventory plans, adjusting for mid-year estimates, and providing weekly forecast updates based on actual data. The Director should have experience in planning all merchandise related elements, including sales, receipts, markdowns, markups, inventory, and turn. He/she must be able to partner with senior management to understand corporate guidance, build the plan accordingly, and adjust the plan as guidance changes or as the season actualizes. He/she should also have experience in markdown management, including maintaining a markdown budget and allocation of vendor funding. He/she needs strong Microsoft Excel skills, experience using Microsoft Access and VBA, and merchandise inventory planning experience planning and managing a category or total business.
- Create and maintain an annual merchandise financial plan across multiple businesses.
- Develop long range strategic merchandise plans and detailed annual merchandise financial targets.
- Update annual plans mid-year based on current performance
- Do analysis of tops down plan vs. departmental plan to understand and socialize gaps
- Review the plan weekly and create and adjust projections based on actual data
- Create and maintain the corporate markdown budget, including vendor funding.
- Do ad hoc and what if analysis as needed to evaluate potential quarter end, year end, and strategic long term performance
If you need reasonable accommodations to complete the on-line application, please contact the Human Resource Department:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Bed Bath & Beyond Inc. to recruit, hire, train, promote, transfer and compensate our associates and provide all other conditions of employment including Company sponsored events without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, lawful alien status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, employment status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.