The time has come to raise your game and help us raise ours. You've learned to lead. You've built a deep expertise in health care network operations. You've set your sights on having more impact in more ways. Now it's time to join our leadership team and help UnitedHealth Group meet the challenge of shaping where health care will go. As an Associate Director within our network contracting team, you'll guide the development and support of provider networks as well as unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. As you do, you'll discover the resources, backing, and opportunities that you'd expect from a Fortune 5 leader.
- Guide development of geographically competitive, broad access, stable networks that achieve objectives for unit cost performance and trend management
- Develop functional, market level and/or site strategy, plans, production, and/or organizational priorities
- Apply network configuration and incentive-based payment models as appropriate to improve quality and efficiency
- Identify and resolve technical, operational, and organizational problems
- Direct work that impacts entire functions and/or customer accounts (internal or external)
Are you ready to put your skills to the test? In this high-impact role, you will need to be a strong leader and have the proven ability to establish trust and build relationships with leaders and experts across an organization.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of supervisory level experience in a network management-related role handling complex network providers with accountability for business results
- 2+ years of experience developing product pricing and utilizing financial modeling in making rate decisions
- 2+ years of experience managing a medical cost and administrative budget
- Expert level knowledge of Medicare Resource Based Relative Value System (RBRVS), DRGs, Ambulatory Surgery Center Groupers, etc.
- 2+ years of experience with provider contracting
Creating and fine-tuning provider networks helps improve access to health care for millions. It's an outstanding opportunity to have more meaning and purpose in your career. Join us. Find out how you can start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: healthcare, health care, contracting, account manager, negotiation, business development, manager, consultant. Tampa, FL, Florida