Director of Behavior Services
Primary Location: Choose One-United States-SC
Function:Behavioral/Mental Health Professional
South Carolina MENTOR
The Director, Behavior Services will work with the SC State Director to provide behavioral and other program leadership and oversight for all service staff within the state or regional operations.
- Oversee and manage the state's behavior programs and services.
- Ensure that all clinical, behavior analytic, and other program management services are being delivered to the individuals served as required.
- Provide behavioral and clinical consultation (needs assessment, service strategies, clinical interventions, etc.) on an individual case basis, as needed/indicated.
- May be responsible for the program budget
- Manage and supervise behavior services staff
- Assign caseloads, evaluate performance for quality assurance, conduct new employee orientation, and manage staff development and training.
- Provide continuous coaching.
- Design and oversee all staff training.
- Responsible for hiring & promoting staff, conducting performance reviews, managing performance issues and making salary recommendations.
- Determine appropriate actions on discipline, terminations, and similar actions.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state licensing and credentialing requirements, while internally adhering to all MENTOR policies and procedures.
- Collaborate with Quality Improvement and applicable executive team members.
- Responsible for licensing concerns related to active treatment and therapy related programming.
- Design the treatment protocols employed with the Operating Group and company.
- Ensure appropriate assessments for all individuals served.
- Implement best practice and emerging practice protocols
- Develop processes and protocols for clinical staff to obtain needed case consultation for complex cases.
- Collaborate with Executive Team on development, tracking and reporting of outcomes of services.
- Assess quality, accuracy, and fidelity of outcome related tracking and reporting methods at least annually.
- Review models employed in measurement, methodology, caregiver training, and fidelity by programming and operations personnel.
- Develop recommendations for revisions and updates to programming model as indicated by outcomes and advancement in best practice for populations being served.
- Develop and implement revisions in collaboration with Executive Team.
- Direct and supervise assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation, and training. Make recommendations on employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations and similar actions. Resolve personnel problems within position responsibilities.
- Master’s degree required.
- Board Certification in Behavior Analysis or Licensed Behavior Analyst credential required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ post licensure/credentialing experience in the use of psychosocial, functional behavior, and other assessment and applied behavior analytic methods in a home and community community-based setting, clinic or agency preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in management or supervisory role. Demonstrated ability to lead others, oversee team.
- A commitment to quality and a passion for service in everything you do.
- Exceptional people skills with an ability to establish rapport and credibility throughout the organization
- An ability to move between a strategic focus and the day-to-day tactical needs.
- Travel requirements: 25%
- Competitive compensation/benefits package including 401(k) with company matching
- Annual performance-based bonus plan
- Competitive Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Family-oriented environment
- A rewarding work environment with some of the best co-workers you could ask for
- Advancement opportunities within our nation-wide Network