Are you ready to cast the vision and determine the future of H&R Block brand strategy, develop the brand promise recommendations, guide market research analysis to understand customer behavior, and define the brand elements and tone? The Director Brand Strategy will lead team to work closely with internal & external stakeholders, marketing and product teams, facilitating collaboration to uncover unmet client needs, create and deliver brand ideas and stories that set H&R Block apart from competitors, creating a strong position for market growth and brand recognition across various channels.
- Help determine the drivers of key brand KPI’s through analysis of consumer quantitative and qualitative, enterprise sales, revenue and client data and the analysis of historical marketing efforts and results.
- Working one year in advance, create the strategic brand plan that advances the business forward, deepens the brand promise, proof points and our position in the marketplace and informs the next season’s go-to-market strategy.
- Partnering closely with marketing strategy, creative and channel counterparts, ensure the execution of the season is aligned with the brand strategy and consumer insights; and will have the impact needed to achieve marketing and business results.
- Continually probe, experiment and study consumer behavior, marketplace dynamics and culture to spot strategic opportunities for the brand to grow and evolve.
- Collaborate with internal partners to infuse the brand across touchpoints and within existing products and experiences.
- Be an evangelist for the brand throughout the enterprise and devise strategies and tactics to help our workforce live the brand and embrace our target consumer.
- 10+ years of brand development including brand strategy
- Experience and success in consumer-led strategic thinking
- Ability to derive insights that drive action, from large data sets and qualitative findings
- Cross-functional agility and experience activating change in an organization by advocating with data, drive and passion across a diverse team
- Effective people leader and collaborative colleague in a fast-paced working environment
- Evidence of thinking independently, objectively and divergently
- Demonstrated leadership with strong presentation skills and ability to influence a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of schedules, tight deadlines, and competitive demands.
- Ability to work with external vendors
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- MBA or Master’s Degree preferred.