The Director of Build (Software Engineering) will develop and communicate team/area direction, vision and strategy in conjuction with the vision and strategy as it is set by the VP of Build. The role will develop and promote strong partnerships with IT teams and business partners (both internal and external) with a focus on collaboration and direct communication. The Director of Build will be responsible for leading other leaders to build and deliver value according to the mission for each particular team and ensure that teams and products are aligned with product owners and business priorities such that functional capabilities and technology innovations deliver key enablers of the business vision. The Director of Build will collobarate with other build leaders to establish the team expenses and capital spending, set goals to ensure the success of the team, and perform all human resource management responsibilities for direct reports.
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
- Provide leadership and management to develop high performance teams, new talent and future leaders; Implement management metrics to support goal achievement.
- Collaborate with enterprise and IT senior management to assure alignment to vision, strategy and goals; Effectively articulate vision and values to team.
- Ensure best development practices and code quality of projects and deliverables.
- Be relentlessly curious, interested in technology innovation and promote forward thinking within the team.
- Partner with procurement in the vendor selection process.
- 10+ years of relevant experience is required.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Master's Degree is preferred.
- Experience with management and supervisory practices; human resource practices; safety requirements and procedures; standard office practices is required.
- Experience with IT architecture and design concepts; software development lifecycle; project management; advanced and systems administration practices and principles; planning, design, and problem resolution is required.
- Experience with managing others and applying management principles to practical work situations; manage projects and programs is required.
We're known as an auto glass company. That's the focus of what we do. But we're much more -- we're a growing and evolving service brand. And what really makes us unique is our people. Because at our core, we're a People Powered organization -- and our people come first and our culture matters. We'll help you find a fulfilling career path and encourage you to have a life. Let us be the best place you'll ever work.