Expanding access to affordable, high quality health care starts here. This is where some of the most innovative ideas in health care are created every day. This is where bold people with big ideas are writing the next chapter in health care. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Business Development and Network Strategy develops the skilled nursing facility provider network yielding a geographically competitive, broad access, stable network that achieves objectives for unit cost performance and trend management, and produces an affordable and predictable product for customers and business partners. This includes conducting business development outreach and activity to develop the Institutional Special Needs Plan. The Directors of Business Development and Network Strategy evaluate and negotiate contracts in compliance with company contract templates, reimbursement structure standards, and other key process controls. Responsibilities also include establishing and maintaining strong business relationships with skilled nursing faculties’ ownership, chain management, and executive leadership.
The Director of Business Development is responsible for selling the IE/ISNP value proposition to potential business partners in an assigned geography. The role is assigned business targets and penetration goals for Institutional Special Needs Plans (ISNP) and Institutional Equivalent Special Needs Plans (IE-SNP).
If you are located in Georgia, Alabama, or North Carolina, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Analyze assigned geography to identify, segment, and prioritize all skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and/or assisted living facilities (ALs)
- Conduct traditional business development activities to engage customers, to illustrate the value proposition and benefits of participation with Optum/UnitedHealthcare, and to collaborate with Optum stakeholder to execute contracts which lead to successful implementation
- Provide a monthly pipeline forecast by stage, utilizing the CCM Business Development Model, including risks and opportunities relative to budget and/or assigned production goals
- Partner with network and sales leaders to ensure strategies are aligned, and drive incremental growth
- Serve as the executive contact for client groups, including the development and management of C level and C level equivalent positions in the SNFs/ALFs
Schedule and conduct business development calls in assigned geography; Document outcomes and next steps with formal communication
Update and maintain CRM (Salesforce.com) with all prospects and activities prior to implementation
Provide a monthly (or as needed) regional pipeline review to market and functional leaders; Ensure the pipeline is sufficient to exceed budgeted gross add and building targets
Participate in functional meetings as requested
Meet regularly with Business Development Administrator to prepare pipeline, forecast, and explanation of variances
Ensure that the transition from pipeline prospect to contracting status is seamless, with required elements complete prior to submission to contracting
Partner with the SAE in the market to ensure that the transition to implementation is seamless
Attend market facing events to represent the UnitedHealthcare Nursing Home plan and/or Assisted Living plan
Ongoing development of sales skills and business development strategies
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of relevant sales experience
- B2B sales management experience for a lengthy sales process, including relationship development with C level executives
- Experience using a CRM (Salesforce.com, Siebel, or a similar product)
- Experience in a high energy position, requiring significant client contact, entertainment, and engagement
- Experience in traditional sales and negotiation
- Experience in presentations and public speaking
Ability to work a heavily matrixed environment
Ability to travel up to 40%
- Experience in healthcare sales
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills
- Experience using technology to improve efficiency
Critical listening and thinking skills
Decision making/problem solving skills
UnitedHealth Group is working to create the health care system of tomorrow.
Already Fortune 5, we are totally focused on innovation and change. We work a little harder. We aim a little higher. We expect more from ourselves and each other. And at the end of the day, we're doing a lot of good.
Through our family of businesses and a lot of inspired individuals, we're building a high-performance health care system that works better for more people in more ways than ever. Now we're looking to reinforce our team with people who are decisive, brilliant - and built for speed.
Come to UnitedHealth Group, and share your ideas and your passion for doing more. We have roles that will fit your skills and knowledge. We have diverse opportunities that will fit your dreams.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: business development, sales, special needs plan, nursing home, network, negotiate, assisted living, telecommute, work from home, remote, Atlanta, GA, Georgia, Birmingham, AL, Alabama, Greensboro, NC, North Carolina